close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

YIKES not PHP7 ready??

Thread began 11/10/2017 4:25 pm by Steve | Last modified 11/13/2017 12:46 pm by Ray Borduin | 2383 views | 8 replies |

Steve

YIKES not PHP7 ready??

Hello,
My new server uses PHP 7.1 but in migration I find SecurityAssist Authenticate User is not php7 ready as it uses mysql_pconnect.

I can hack the attachment to the DB but just how much is going to be needed to get this to work?

Just need to know if I need to manually create my own login or if anyone knows which elements need to be updated by hand to make this work?

Next error I'm getting:
"Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WA_SECURITYASSIST_MAILOBJ has a deprecated constructor in "

Sign in to reply to this post

Mike Perry

The "simplest" way to mitigate this is to ask your hosting service if they can roll back your "live" PHP to an earlier version.

I can specify the version of PHP I want to use with my hosting service. . .

Jeremy Smith

Great, the smartest advice ever... instead of wa updating their old scripts to support the latest technologies, just use older technologies!
Why not just roll back to PHP 4 and use it instead? "I can specify the version of PHP I want to use with my hosting service" is not a solution and it should not be a solution.

Mike Perry

If you have even searched the forum for an answer to your question you would have found several threads regarding the update status to support PHP 7. Sorry to have wasted your bandwidth . . .the suggestion wasn't offered as a solution, but rather as a temporary adjustment.

Have a nice day Jeremy. . .

Steve

I agree Jeremy Smith, PHP 7 is not a surprize like many of the other issues with Adobe. We all know this is the current version and also the whole point of MySQLi extension and purchase was to leave behind outdated methods.

Without doubt the Paramount direction should be that all Extensions work properly with the latest version of PHP. Not alpha versions or beta but current common releases. ESPECIALLY when we bought MySQLi Extension, what a couple years back, to avoid these type of problems.

It comes down to prioritizing and making sure the CORE programming aspects are in place. CRUD page creation and Security Assist. Everything else (fluffy stuff not related to programing in a modern compliant manner) can wait.

I run my own server by the way and spent countless hours upgrading as much of the code as possible to MySQLi. But now I find a key element, which is the ability to log into a website is missing. Frustrating, as well as concerning when I usually am patient and a go with the flow kindda guy as I can write my own code if necessary. But with a new Server rollout the pressure is a little different then usual :-(

Steve

I venture to suggest that Ray, being the stellar Programmer we all know he is, could sort these issues (basic Security Assist login) in an afternoon's work.

We also know Rays in business to make money, (like us, his Customers) so the next paid update is a big deal from the company perspective. But, maybe fix these basic issues and do so as a beta release so us long term Customers can continue working with at least a viable php 7 core set of features, while we wait for the next paid release?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

MySQLi has its own set of login functions that you could use to replace the login page you use currently for MySQLi support. It would just be a matter of reapplying the two server behaviors for login as everything else associated with the login code should not be using the database. (of course the register and user update pages would have to be updated as well if you use them).

I could also help with this in an hour premier support ticket and show you how to do it.

The next version of DataBridge will be using an updated mail library. The error in that can be ignored and just turn off that warning. I could also correct it in a session it is really just a matter of renaming one or two functions, but that will still work in php7 they are just warning it might not in php8 and we will have an update out by then.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Steve

So there is already a replacement... Cool. Wish I knew this on Friday but still is good as it solves having to recode the old login by hand.

Thanks Ray!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. Use the new login server behaviors included in MySQLi.... the next version of security assist will do that automatically.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...