close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Moved to New Server and Dynamics Droplists stopped working

Thread began 9/18/2017 1:26 pm by vernon webb | Last modified 9/18/2017 6:12 pm by Ray Borduin | 96 views | 13 replies |

vernon webb

Moved to New Server and Dynamics Droplists stopped working

I have moved all the files and pages to a new server but the Dynamic Dropdown Lists have stopped working. It has been a really long time since I've done this. Is this some time simple I may have done wrong that some one could point out to me?

Here's the the page:

http://dev.rsavvy.com/time/user_times_Insert.php

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The issue is that the company list isn't getting populated to begin with. You can't have a dependent list if the parent list is empty. I'd have to look at the code to see why. It could be that the company table in the database isn't populated correctly.

Sign in to reply to this post

vernon webb

I'm not really sure what that means. If I test any of the list they do come back with results. And this all works on the live server.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you give me FTP access then I could take a look. What is the first list that has child lists? It should be populated from a recordset. Does the recordset return results?

Sign in to reply to this post

vernon webb

Company is being populated by a dropdown list based on the first dropdownlist (active/inactive)

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There is no onchange event for the clientStatus list that would populate the company based on its value.

Sign in to reply to this post

vernon webb

It's set to onload in the <body> tag

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There is no mention of the clientStatus list in the body onload event.

Sign in to reply to this post

vernon webb

Please look at this one and please don't submit the form as it is a live page:

http://www.rsavvy.com/time/user_times_Insert.php

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

On the top of the new page you have:

var activeCompanies = ;
var inactiveCompanies = ;

the old one has values on those two lines. It appears to be custom code you have added. That is the part that isn't working on the new site.

Sign in to reply to this post
loading

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...