close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to create a session value or cookie from a recordset loop

Thread began 9/04/2017 9:25 am by s.joiner74419001 | Last modified 12/18/2017 9:40 am by Ray Borduin | 3044 views | 9 replies |

s.joiner74419001

How to create a session value or cookie from a recordset loop

I have hit a brick wall with trying to bind the correct id value to a URL link that is in an automated email that is sent to numerous individuals. the email recipients are built form a recordset loop.

The process as follows..

- A Primary User sets up an account using a web form ( see file - add-rtm-account.php )
- Each account has a primary key ( acc_id )
- When they have verified their account they can login, which creates a session that is built on their primary key ( acc_id )
- Once they are logged in they are directed to a page ( see file - consent-consolidation.php ) where their objective is to build a Group of individuals.
- For each entry the Primary User will enter NAME, EMAIL and FLAT NUMBER in the form and once submitted the entries appear an a REPEAT REGION table on the same page. ( see screenshot01 )
- The table that holds the Group values has a column called acc_group which has the same relational value to the acc_id of the user. ( see screenshot02 and screenshot03 ) each Group entry has its own primary key as entry_id
- When the Group is complete it is submitted using a small form containing just a submit button ( see screenshot01 )which triggers two behaviours..
- a) a update single record behaviour which changes a value in a column named ‘status’ in the account table so admin can determine that the Group has been submitted.
- b) a Create Email server behaviour is triggered with the recipients emails built from a recordset loop. ( see screenshot04 ) which are the emails form each group entry submitted previously by the Primary User.
- The email body ( see file - blank_3.php ) contains a link which directs the recipient to another form ( see file - consent-form.php ) and I need to bind the entry_id of the recipient to the url so I can use this id in the consent form page as a relational value.

HERE IS MY PROBLEM.
I can not see how I can create the entry_id, possibly in a session or cookie, to bind it to the URL because recipients are built from the recordset loop… if that makes sense. so I can’t see how I can take the entry_id from each looping record.

How can I bind the entry_id so each recipient has its primary key binding in the URL in the email file?

I hope you can make sense of all this!!

Thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is too complex to handle through the forum. I think it would probably involve some hand coding, but I'd have to really dig into it to find the solution. We could do this in a premier support ticket if you would like.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

s.joiner74419001

OK thanks Ray, I thought that might be the case.. Ill try and arrange a support ticket as soon as I get the time.

s.joiner74419001

Ray, I have adjusted this with a workaround for now until I can find the time that will work for both of us for a support ticket seeing as I am in the UK.

The user now directs to a page where they select their name from a list which has the entry_id binding to the url... This will top for now so I can continue to develop the system, in particular the payment cart which I am having problems with as before. I have posted on another forum post we had correspondence on regarding this.

s.joiner74419001

Ray I would like to organise a support ticket for this so do I need to complete the support ticket web form or can we arrange from here. Can you confirm what time zone you are on so I can arrange this. I have given my Skype name in the private message. Incidentally I am on BST time zone ( UK )

Thanks in advance!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Skype can't seem to find your name for me to connect to. Please add me to your skype: webassist.rborduin

Then we can use Skype to coordinate a meeting time that will work.

s.joiner74419001

Read below

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Contact me through skype I should have time to help you next week.

s.joiner74419001

See private message:

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'll look for your text message on skype and we can coordinate a meeting there.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...