close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Views returning empty recorset - again

Thread began 8/22/2017 10:33 am by LionsMane | Last modified 8/22/2017 11:26 am by Ray Borduin | 1360 views | 3 replies |

LionsMane

Views returning empty recorset - again

I'm having a repeat of a previous problem where the PHP on the page fails to echo any recordset values when retrieving data from a View. Ray fixed this previously by changing something in my rsobj.php - and said it'd be fixed in a next version. It's happening again now on a new site and could use some help figuring out why. I've got the very latest 1.0.4 version of the extension installed.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What version of rsobj.php are you using? I'd need a url and ftp access to fully debug.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

LionsMane

FTP details

My apologies, I should have included that detail in advance. I have no idea of the version of the file, it was newly generated by this latest installation of the extension. FTP details in PM.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I still don't have the fix in the latest version of MySQLi Server Behaviors.

The issue is that for some reason some versions of php and/or MySQL won't work with views and prepared statements.

In general MySQLi server behaviors uses prepared statements because it is an extremely secure method of preventing SQL injection.

However, you can manually add code to prevent injection which should work just as effectively and actually has lower overhead. In the more recent rsobj.php file I've added a property to the WA_MySQLi_RS object that allows you to turn on and off "Prepared" statements. When it is turned off it falls back on traditional methods of preventing SQL injection.

I've uploaded that new file to your server. Please back it up in case you need to use it in the future.

You can either turn off Prepared statements in the recordset itself, like I have done on line 9 of your playlist_list.php file by adding:
$playlist->Prepared = false;

before the ->execute line, or you could turn it off entirely in the rsobj.php page on line 8.

The issue with doing it for each recordset is that adding that line will prevent Dreamweaver from recognizing the recordset for bindings and editing with the server behaviors window.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...