close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

rule manager

Thread began 8/07/2017 12:54 pm by Ericspecullaas | Last modified 8/09/2017 11:47 am by Ray Borduin | 1337 views | 7 replies |

Ericspecullaas

rule manager

Im having a problem the security manager. When I set the rule as follows it works perfectly fine but when I add a second rule it wont work. I am not sure what is going on.

thanks in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can't seem to reproduce this problem. What version of Dreamweaver are you using? Is this Mac or PC? If you click into another field and back does it update then? I may need to do screen sharing to debug this if I'm unable to reproduce it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Ericspecullaas

Im using windows 10 with Dreamweaver CS6 build 5808. When i click back it does update the field. When the rule is used it acting as if it is backwards were the RestrictIf is the first line. I have tried all the options in the drop down menu and so far nothing. all im looking for a a rule to force unwanted users off the page and back a page.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Describe in words how you want the rule to work and perhaps I can explain what you need to change.

Ericspecullaas

soo on this page http://www.vetsfoundation.org/schedule-an-event.html I have 3 login's but each needs to go to a different version of this page http://www.vetsfoundation.org/events.html. I figured some people would try and log into a section they didnt sign up for since all 3 are connected to the same registration page (and im going to modify it so user UserGroup is 1, 2, or 3) I need to block people from accessing the free version when they should be paying. thats basically what I needs to happen. Im just hoping its not to complex. Also I have used these tutorials to try and figure out whats going on:

http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=36630
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Using-a-MySQLi-connection-with-Security-Assist

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The way the rules wizard line works is it reads each line and only goes to the next line if the condition on the line before is not met.

So what exactly isn't working? You have someone with a usergroup set to 2 and you want them rejected, but it is letting them through? Please be specific and I can try to figure out why it doesn't work.

Ericspecullaas

Whats going on is when I add the line to reject someone it is letting everyone in, also the login page wont show up as well. Its acting as if its logged in even when I make sure that I log out.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You will have to be more specific.

If you have a rule that says:
Allow if GroupID = 1
Reject if GroupID = 2

and then you pass a GroupID of 3 then it won't do anything. You didn't define what to do. In that case it will do the opposite of the last rule, so Allow.

You need to define the rule to cover all scenarios if you want it to know what to do in all scenarios. You may want to use:

Allow if GroupID = 1

Then it will reject if it has any other value. The second line is redundant and ends up telling it to accept any other value.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...