close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Another "Transaction Not Completed"

Thread began 7/16/2017 5:09 pm by braduhl | Last modified 7/26/2017 9:07 pm by Ray Borduin | 3876 views | 19 replies |

braduhl

Another "Transaction Not Completed"

I am now testing my website live for the first time (using Paypal Payments Pro) and have received this message for both Credit Card & Paypal:

Transaction Not Completed
We're sorry

Your transaction could not be completed.

I checked & double-checked the Paypal Credentials which were copied and pasted for accuracy. After scouring the forums on this topic, I pasted the following code into my cat_checkout_failure.php page:

<?php
if(!session_id()) session_start();
echo "<p>Auth Net: <br />";
echo "Full Request: ".(isset($_SESSION['WAAuthNet_postedValues'])?htmlentities($_SESSION

['WAAuthNet_postedValues']):"n/a")."<br />";
echo "Full Response: ".(isset($_SESSION['WAAuthNet'])?htmlentities($_SESSION['WAAuthNet']):"n/a")."<br /></p>";
?>

Is this the correct code to use to troubleshoot? All it returned is:

Transaction Not Completed
We're sorry

Your transaction could not be completed.

Auth Net:
Full Request: n/a
Full Response: n/a

Please let me know what I should try to supply you with better information. I am using eCart 6 w/Dreamweaver CC 2014 & MySQLi.

I have attached my cat_confirm.php page for your review.

Thanks once again for your help...

Brad

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Use this on the failure page to debug:

<?php
@session_start();
var_dump($_SESSION);
?>

Then view source on the page to read the actual errors. You can post it here in the private area if you need help understanding what it means.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

braduhl

Update to "Another Transaction Not Completed"

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the code. I have attached the source code for your review from the Failure page. It appears to be the currency formatting that is an issue, or at least part of the issue.

When I posted the site live, any place there was a price shown (except for the cart itself) went out to 12 decimal places. It tested perfect on my local testing computer - just went haywire when uploaded and displayed online.

I was able to fix the pricing by using WA_eCart_DisplayMoney() for the display of the binding. There appears to be other areas that need to be tracked down, but I'm not sure where to find them and do not wish to break anything. I'm not even sure what created the problem in the first place.

The live website can be found at www.crystalcarversinc.com. All prices are displaying as they should on the product & product detail pages, so it appears to be something within the transfer of the data to Paypal Payments Pro.

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You probably have to use the same number formatting in the code where you send the values to paypal. That should be on the confirm.php page and the pp_confirm.php page. If you send me a copy of those pages I can help you find the correct lines of code to update.

braduhl

Your awesome Ray! I really appreciate it.

I have attached the two pages for your review...

Attached Files
cat_confirm.php
cat_pp_confirm.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

confirm page lines: 134, 140, 172, 242, 251, 273

pp_confirm lines: 155, 161, 190

If you add the number formatting to those lines it should take care of it.

braduhl

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your response.

Is this the correct coding?

"".WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($CCICart->TotalColumn("TotalPrice")) ."" (example)

I used this format for the various lines mentioned in your response, but I'm still getting an error stating that the amount to be charged is zero (see attached), but just got a confirmation from Paypal of the sale for $23.43. :-) Getting closer??? I have also attached the Paypal Confirmation I printed out by logging into my account.

All the amounts on the Paypal Confirmation appear correct, so I am not sure where the hiccup is.

(I have also been receiving the attached JavaScript Error for line 68 - I close it out and all seems to be OK - just wanted to let you know)

----------------

Several other issues are as follows:

I did not receive an email confirmation of the sale.

Nothing was written to the Orders Table, but the entry did make it to Order Details.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do (more information?)...

Thanks once again...

Brad

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The code should be:
WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($CCICart,$CCICart->GrandTotal())

not just:
WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($CCICart->GrandTotal())

That may solve most of the problems. The javascript error inside dreamweaver can probably be resolved by deleting your winfilecache .dat file in your dreamweaver user's configuration folder.

braduhl

I had the code configured as you have suggested, but it would take me to a blank screen. It did not show a failure, just never displayed anything so I couldn't get a "source code" report.

I will change it back, try it again, and let you know the outcome with more detail (later this afternoon when I get back in the door)...

Thanks again Ray.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

ok let me know, and send a copy of the page if you have trouble spotting the issue. A blank page is usually a syntax error, like a missing ) so it can be hard to track down sometimes.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...