close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Repeating Table or Repeating Row using MySQLi?

Thread began 6/23/2017 3:45 am by astrostrom | Last modified 6/27/2018 9:34 am by Ray Borduin | 3257 views | 13 replies |

astrostrom

Repeating Table or Repeating Row using MySQLi?

Does anyone have an example of how to create a repeating row with columns using MySQLi - with a Horizontal and Vertical Repeated Region?

My provider is insisting we upgrade to PHP 5.6 and eventually PHP 7. My old MySQL code for doing this no longer works properly. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I don't have an example, but you can use the Server Behaviors for "repeated region" for the TR and "repeat selection improved" for the TD to get it done. The repeat selection allows you to specify the 3 repeats for the column.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

astrostrom

Thanks, Ray
I will give this a try and report back.

tom92909Beta Tester

I'm looking at this today and I'm not seeing exactly how to accomplish a similar result that I was able to do with the DataAssist Repeating Table. I wanted (10 rows of 3 columns or so). With MySQLi I can do a repeat rows all day long, but I do see how to get the columns.

Like the previous example:

1 2 3
4 5 6

Thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Apply the MySQLi Repeated region server behavior around the TR tag and then apply the MySQLi Repeated Selection Improved server behavior around the <TD>. That should do it.

tom92909Beta Tester

I'm sorry to be so dense, but where is the MySQLi Repeated Selection Improved server behavior? I have MySQLi Server Behaviors v.1.0.4 installed.
I must be blind?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Sorry it actually isn't included in the MySQLi server behaviors. Please download the Data Bridge open BETA linked on the top of the site and it will include the extra server behaviors necessary to do a horizontally repeated table.

tom92909Beta Tester

Awesome. I've been unplugged from the community for awhile and didn't realize that the BETA was available. I applied the Repeat Selection Improved behavior and got the following error;

While executing applyServerBehavior in MySQLiRepSelection.htm, a JavaScript error occurred.

I have attached (3) JPG screenshots to better illustrate.

Any recommendations?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could use the Webassist->Database->Repeating Table command to add all of the necessary code at once.

I'm unable to reproduce that error on a new page, it might have something to do with your page or what you have highlighted. Can I get FTP access to your server and a URL to view the page? Then I could try to replicate the error with the same files and database connection to see if I get the error. Without reproducing the error I can't really fix it.

astrostrom

Coming back to the MySQLi repeat region question with a <TR> and <TD> output like this:

I am using the MySQLi server behaviors in the DataBridge Beta.

It seemed to work by applying the MySQLi repeat region on the <TR> and then applying the MySQLi Repeated Selection Improved to the <TD>

However, for some reason, it does not display all of the records in the recordset. I only get a partial output such as: 14 instead of 18 records.
If I change the " $wa_repeatfor = 3;" to =2, or = 4, I get a different number of records but never the entire recordset.

I have tried this on different websites with the same truncated results.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong. (see code in PM).

Thanks for having a look.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...