close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Databridge Installation issue for DW CC 2017

Thread began 6/06/2017 3:24 pm by Paul | Last modified 6/12/2017 9:53 am by Ray Borduin | 1622 views | 3 replies |

PaulBeta Tester

Databridge Installation issue for DW CC 2017

When I attempt to install the latest extension 'WADataBridge123.zxp' using Extension Manager CC, an error is reported;

"This extension cannot be installed, it requires dreamweaver version 9 or greater."

Any ideas hoot resolve please?

Thanks,

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You need to use the free extension manager from DMXZone or Project 7. Adobe has dropped support for the extension manager in CC.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

PaulBeta Tester

WA Recordet Wizard

After installing the free extension manager from DMXZone, i have the server behaviours, bindings and database panels in place.

I am not able to create new recordets using the recordset wizard though!

For example if expand the tables in Database Items and select a table, it wont add it to the SQL.

Is there a fix for this?
Is it linked to the Dreamweaver CC 2017 update?

I also found this statement on DMXZone 's website (as a WebAssist & DW CC 2017 product owner, is worrying)

"We would like to remind you that Server Behaviors have been deprecated for quite some time and for a very good reason. They use an outdated connection method that's been deprecated in the current release of PHP and very soon will be removed completely, which means that your websites will no longer work."

Thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The table tree doesn't work anymore. It was broken in an earlier version of CC 2017. You can still create recordsets in the Simple interface or by writing the SELECT statement manually.

You can install the WebAssist MySQLi server behaviors which use the new connection method, we also have included a query builder component where you can drag and drop to build your SQL statement. It is better than the old tree control that no longer works.

Not let's address that warning message. The old connection method has been dropped for PHP 7. So only if you choose to upgrade your server to a version of php above 7 will your site not work. You are in control of that so your website won't just suddenly stop working.

Many hosting companies still offer sites in PHPv 5. PHP5 is actually the default in a lot of hosting environments and it was released in 2004. It is supported by all major hosting providers in my experience. Realistically hosting companies will take longer than usual to force people to upgrade to PHPv7 because of the drastic changes in database connection support... and "usual" seems to be about 15 years.

So... realistically speaking you may have problems finding a major host to run your site in a decade or two if you continue to use the old style connecitons. Not quite as dire as the message implies.

On my fact check scale I would rate that warning "misleading but technically true"

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...