close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic connection seems to be using the wrong user some of the time

Thread began 5/15/2017 8:50 am by Vine Church | Last modified 5/17/2017 4:21 pm by Ray Borduin | 1118 views | 6 replies |

Vine Church

Dynamic connection seems to be using the wrong user some of the time

I'm getting an error in my error log saying that access is denied for user vinesine_alf-loc'@'localhost'. According to my connections file it shouldn't be using that user. It's not happening all the time, and I can't seem to pinpoint what file is calling it when the error occurs

Sign in to reply to this post

Vine Church

Adding private message content

Vine Church

Could it possibly be a cron job running on the server? Would that resolve to my domain name or localhost?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

How is the CRON running? Is it possible it is using the IP address instead of the domain to access the site? I suppose a CRON could use localhost as well, but you should be able to control that and have it use a recognized domain.

Maybe add the IP address to the list of domains? The problem is that somehow someone or something is accessing the site using a different domain than the ones you have listed. You just need to figure out how that would happen and account for it.

Another temporary solution would be to set the default connection to the live settings so that they will work when accessed from a different domain.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Vine Church

Do you know of a way to force the cron to use the domain?

Vine Church

Adding SERVER_NAME=mydomain.com before the cron script works

Vine Church

Ok, that actually caused an error, but this is currently working if anyone needs it.

wget https://mydomain.com/filename.php -O /dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1

Don't ask me what it means or how it works. I didn't write it. lol

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...