close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Record has been removed in drop down menu; drop down links inconsistent

Thread began 2/21/2017 2:53 pm by tmcbinc99963 | Last modified 2/21/2017 3:22 pm by Ray Borduin | 671 views | 1 replies |

tmcbinc99963

Record has been removed in drop down menu; drop down links inconsistent

I've applied a drop down menu to my template page with dynamic menu item links for both a product category page and a product detail page. This template is applied to ProdType.php and Prod_detail.php.

Except for Greases ('About our Greases' is the first link), the product category menu links only work on the ProdType.php page, but not on the Prod_detail.php page (except the first one, which is the only one that works on both pages). The links look identical, but I get link errors using the other tabs (the error message looks like the link is wrong, but it's the same code as the first one that works. I can monkey with the links so they work on either page, but not both, which is how they worked before. I thought it might be two separate templates, but I'm using one framework theme to update all the pages.

Also, when selecting a product from the menu, I get a 'this record has been removed' error. I've tried numerous configurations for the url parameters, but always get the same error. Also checked the database to confirm everything is spelled right, and they all look good. Tested all the server behaviors, with no errors.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like the detail page isn't using framework builder and the theme.

The issue is that the link paths are relative to the templates folder but in the root, which throws them off. If you want to put the code directly into the details page every reference to:
href="../Prod_detail.php

needs to be:
href="Prod_detail.php

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...