close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Thread began 2/13/2017 8:18 am by russell298997 | Last modified 2/15/2017 11:13 am by Ray Borduin | 965 views | 4 replies |

russell298997

Hi Ray,
Any chance you could tell me why http://www.fhcsolution.co.uk/registration.php will not send form all of a sudden - I haven't made any code changes (Tho it seems something obviously HAS changed as it was working fine until now) - the validation of the email address seems wrong - whatever you put it, it throws back as not a valid entry? Presumably you still have ftp to get in - or I can send.
Thanks for your help, and thanks for the advice on upgrade to PHP5.3 recently

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just tested that page and got the email right away. It might be an issue with a spam blocker preventing you from receiving it, but the email is sending fine.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

russell298997

See PM

russell298997

Originally Said By: russell298997
  Hi Ray,
Any chance you could tell me why http://www.fhcsolution.co.uk/registration.php will not send form all of a sudden - I haven't made any code changes (Tho it seems something obviously HAS changed as it was working fine until now) - the validation of the email address seems wrong - whatever you put it, it throws back as not a valid entry? Presumably you still have ftp to get in - or I can send.
Thanks for your help, and thanks for the advice on upgrade to PHP5.3 recently  

It's not that the email doesn't trigger, I can't input the form as the validation for the email field keeps asking for a valid email address tho mine definitely IS. And other users have complained of same to client. Just a thought - does the validation check for existing email addresses and not allow them as valid? I thought I noticed something like this when I was testing (don't remember clearly), but it might explain if people have returned to try again with same email address....sounds odd, but if I try the form with any of my addresses which have been used before they won't submit, but I tried a bogus email address and it went straight through. I tried 3 of my email addresses - two are currently in the user database, one wasn't - but I had used it as a test before then deleted the record. I know it sounds odd but that seems to be the only correlation - I can't get the form to submit with my addresses at all...any thoughts?

I just tried another email address of mine that I used in testing but deleted the user record and again it won't go through. But testing my daughters email works fine, so it appears that the validation boots out any address it's seen before.....?! Or it's a miraculous coincidence?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. Line 26 prevents repeated email addresses from registering. You could add a separate email validation message for that to make sure it is more clear, or remove it if you don't think it is necessary.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...