close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How do I add shipping to just one item?

Thread began 12/13/2016 8:50 am by Supreme Geek | Last modified 12/15/2016 10:18 am by Ray Borduin | 955 views | 3 replies |

Supreme Geek

How do I add shipping to just one item?

I have coins on the website that I want to add shipping to according to their quantity. All of the other items on the store don't need shipping though. So, How do I add shipping to just this item? Presently I have a drop down to select the quantity i.e. if the end user selects 1-2 Coins $2.00 is added to the order for shipping. But when they check out, the quantity box still states that the quantity is "1." Each coin costs $10.00. So, if the end user accidentally puts "10" in the quantity box, the checkout price is $1,770,00. Here's the link to the store: http://lotcs.org/WA_eCart/coins.php. Please let me know if there is a way to make it so the shipping prices that I've listed on the website can be made to work according to the quantity of coins. As always, thank you for the help!
All the best,
Dale

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd probably add a column to the cart for "shipType" and set it to "coin" for those products.

Then you can create shipping rules for each shipping cost based on "Number of items with a specific column value" to count the number of "coins".

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Supreme Geek

Adding shipping to an item...

Hey Ray,
Is there a tutorial on how to "coin" for products? I looked online and didn't find one. After adding "shipType" to the cart I'm going to have to reload all my pages right? That's what I had to do last time I added a column. Do I add "shipType" as a currency, text...??? Thanks for your help in getting me out of the weeds!

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  I'd probably add a column to the cart for "shipType" and set it to "coin" for those products.

Then you can create shipping rules for each shipping cost based on "Number of items with a specific column value" to count the number of "coins".  

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There is no tutorial on this specific topic. You will have to update any add to cart button code once you add a column to the cart.

The column type should be "text" since you will be setting the value to "coin". You could use a number instead I just thought this might be easier to keep track of.

Then it is just a matter of applying the correct shipping rule since the cart will have the necessary information.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...