close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

order details not going into db properly

Thread began 11/24/2016 8:05 am by Jamie | Last modified 11/29/2016 3:49 am by Ray Borduin | 2599 views | 9 replies |

Jamie

order details not going into db properly

Hi Ray

Trying to finish off an ecart installation and I have clearly done something wrong.

Items get added to cart fine, checkout takes me dirctly to paypal and I can successfully pay in paypal.

Once you come back to the checkout_success page the transaction summary is not being added to the db at all and the order details are being added to the db in a strange way (see attached screenshot 1.png) - have also attached the pp_confirma nd _PHP.php page

What have I done wrong?

Cheers

Jamie

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It doesn't seem like this confirm page would have this problem. Are you sure it is paypal orders not credit card orders? It might be related to the not inserting transaction issue.

It is probably failing that insert because of a field that doesn't allow null not having a set value... like the OrderUserID column. A good way to debug that is to add debug code after line 179 like:

var_dump($ConditionalQuery);
die();

That should let you know why the orders table isn't inserting. Once that is working it may fix the details issue. If not we can work on that one next.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jamie

Ok thanks. It was a couple of columns that werent liking null as a value - that now allows the order details and summary to go into the db fine.

Couple of things that still are an issue.

1. /hairmekanix/shop-product-details_s.php?perm=gift- is being added to the DetailSKU column in the orderdetails table

2. the telephone number is not being passed back from paypal and I know that paypal is set to do this as in the live site is another ecart install and its successfully adding the phone number

cheers

Jamie

Ray BorduinWebAssist

1) Are you sure it is stored correctly in the eCart to begin with? What happens when you display that column in the cart?

2) We can add debug code to the pp_confirm.php page to see if it is passed and try to figure out why it isn't viewable. After line 24 add debug code:
var_dump($_SESSION);
die();

Then view source and post the result to me in the private area. I'll take a look and see what I think.

Jamie

Ok, source in PM

also, echoing the SKU <?php echo $MotleyCart->DisplayInfo("SKU"); ?> returns that URL /hairmekanix/shop-product-details_s.php?perm=gift-vouchers

Ray BorduinWebAssist

On line 35 of pp_confirm.php try replacing: "PayerInfo->ContactPhone" with :"ContactPhone"

It looks like paypal may have moved the phone number field outside of hte payerinfo tag.

If the value is incorrect on the cart page that means the issue must be when it is added to the cart.

Jamie

changing to ContactPhone didnt work

have added the product detail page .... have got the itemSKU in the atc and its referencing the right column in the db but it still adding the product url ....

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like line 157 is out of sync.

It has:

$MotleyCart->AddToCart($ATC_AddIfIn, $ATC_RedirectIfIn, $ATC_itemID, $ATC_itemName, $ATC_itemDescription, $ATC_itemThumbnail, $ATC_itemWeight, $ATC_itemQuantity, $ATC_itemPrice, $ATC_itemColour, $ATC_itemReturnLink);

it should be:

$MotleyCart->AddToCart($ATC_AddIfIn, $ATC_RedirectIfIn, $ATC_itemID, $ATC_itemName, $ATC_itemDescription, $ATC_itemThumbnail, $ATC_itemWeight, $ATC_itemQuantity, $ATC_itemPrice, $ATC_itemColour, $ATC_itemSKU, $ATC_itemReturnLink);

Jamie

great thats got it thanks

any other suggestions re the contact phone?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No. I can debug it with you tomorrow. It seems like it would work.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...