close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem with extensions on Dreamweaver CC2017

Thread began 11/04/2016 2:24 am by J7HNW | Last modified 9/18/2018 9:02 am by Ray Borduin | 6116 views | 21 replies |

J7HNW

Problem with extensions on Dreamweaver CC2017

Hi

I updated this morning - and no Webassist folder was showing after the upgrade. Have tried to reinstall with DMX Zone installer but cannot get any Webassist extensions to load - or view on the new Menu .

I therefore Uninstalled Dreamweaver - rebooted and then reinstalled - and still no luck. Please advise best method of reinstalling as I cannot get this to work

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Did you upgrade the DMXZone Extension manager? They did an update to be compatible with CC 2017. Did it appear to install from the DMXZone Extension Manager?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

J7HNW

Hi Ray

No it just remains empty. This is the version which shows Dreamweaver CC2017 at the top. I selected to install e cart

Nothing happens - screen looks like this (See attached )

I am unable to install any of your extensions on this version

Thanks for your quick response as always

John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Odd. Can you install one of the free extensions from DMXZone? This appears to be an issue with the DMXZone extension manager. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

J7HNW

Done thanks Ray

Hi Ray

Yes that worked thanks- uninstalled and reinstalled DMX Zone extension manager and all are now installed and showing as they should in Dreamweaver

Thanks for your prompt response and assistance

John

Justin@AdventDesign

New Mac with fresh install of DWCC17, DMXZone not installing WA extensions

I'm having the same issue. I tried removing and reinstalling DMXZone and I'm still getting the same issue. It won't install WA extensions. It just doesn't do anything with them. Is there some Cache I would need to clear or something when removing DMXZone for the reinstall?

Justin@AdventDesign

Ray pinging this again. I'm not sure what is going on here. It says at the top of this thread you replied at 5:30 pm right after my post, but I can't find your reply in the thread anywhere. The last reply I see is from 11/17.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Sorry I missed your post earlier. I'm not sure what is going on. A couple of people have been reporting issues since the latest DMXZone Extension Manager update. I can only assume it is a bug with their current version. Have you tried posting to their support? Another solution would be to do a command line install. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/extension-manager/using/command-line.html#main-pars_header_0

Justin@AdventDesign

I had a heck of a time trying to find some sort of support on DMXzone.com and when I found a forum it looks to be old and full of spam; however, pulling up their support chat got me instantly to an answer. It must be something with their installer and 3rd party extensions. He pointed me to an updated beta version of their app (link below) and after the install, all extensions appeared to install as expected.

https://www.dmxzone.com/beta/DMXzone-Extension-Manager-Mac-1.2.1-rc1.dmg

TonyE

Problem with extension with Dreamweaver CC 2017

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Odd. Can you install one of the free extensions from DMXZone? This appears to be an issue with the DMXZone extension manager. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling it.  

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...