close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PHP error logs: PHP Deprecated: mysql_pconnect()...

Thread began 10/07/2016 12:45 pm by art226587 | Last modified 10/10/2016 4:21 pm by Ray Borduin | 2045 views | 7 replies |

art226587

PHP error logs: PHP Deprecated: mysql_pconnect()...

Hi, I'm hosting on my DA-built site on Rackspace and I'm getting miles of this error in my php logs:

"PHP Deprecated: mysql_pconnect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead"

I was troubleshooting an 'emails not being sent' issue with one of their tech support folks and they said the error was because I need to update my connection script. Anyone else using DA on a Rackspace site and dealing with this (or related) issue? I found this page on the php documentation (http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.quickstart.connections.php), but it's well beyond my skill level.

Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Just turn off deprecated messages in your php.ini file. They won't cause any problems it is just a warning that some of the code won't be supported in a future version of php that can be ignored for now.

Contact Rackspace to see how to turn of deprecated messages if you can't find it easily in their control panel.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

art226587

Hi Ray, I purchased the WA MySQLi Server Behaviors extension in hopes that it would resolve this. I would rather future-proof this site rather than worry about it later. Could I use that to create a new connection script and point my existing DA pages to it instead?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would have to update all of the code as well. Recordsets, inserts, updates, deletes and loops would all have to be updated to MySQLi.

Realistically your best option is to turn off deprecated messages and just create all of your new pages with My'SQLi. Our next version of Databridge will have upgrade paths to update your existing pages to MySQLi more easily.

art226587

Thanks, Ray. I was afraid you were going to say that. Well, I'll leave everything as-is for now and hope for the best.

I was actually in the process of recreating all of my pages since I last posted here and DW just crashed as I was begining to create the detail page. Lost a good 45 minutes of work. This is not an unfamiliar experience, unfortunately. :-(

UPDATE: Apparently DA Pages has an auto-recovery feature I was unaware of, so all my work is saved. (!) However, I'm still crashing each time I try to move a field up the list in the detail page view using the ^ arrow. Is this a known bug?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Are you on a mac? This was reported recently on mac. I'm looking into using a new display mechanism in an update to resolve this issue.

art226587

Hi Ray, no, I'm using Windows 10 w/ DW CC 2015. On a side note, one thing that has always looked weird in the field validation settings window, is the field list which is small compared to the amount of empty space at the bottom of that window. See attached. Any way of making that list taller to include more fields within view?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Unfortunately there is another Dreamweaver bug that causes crashes if that window is larger on some installs. That is why we set it to that size.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...