close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Order form isn't sending email or redirecting to "Thank You" page

Thread began 8/23/2016 2:43 pm by gail.bergan407744 | Last modified 8/25/2016 2:16 pm by Ray Borduin | 1789 views | 5 replies |

gail.bergan407744

Order form isn't sending email or redirecting to "Thank You" page

Hi folks,

A while back I had help from Ray with setting up pages with Server Validations and Universal Email. I kind of cannibalized one of those pages to create a simple order form. All I need to do is have the contents of this form sent to my client - name, address, etc. plus how many of a certain item they want to order. No credit card info will be changing hands.

So I thought I followed it right, but the email isn't being sent and in my testing I'm not being redirected to a Thank You page after my order is complete. This should, in effect, act just like a Contact Us page, where it just dumps the contents of the form into an email to a couple of people. Nothing complicated, but it's not working. I've attached the offending file for your perusal.

Thank you for your help,
Gail

Attached Files
CDorder.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try updating the trigger for the email from "current page submit" to something different like "Submit button press"

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

henryG

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Try updating the trigger for the email from "current page submit" to something different like "Submit button press"  

Thanks Ray,

Was having same issue, after following your suggestion it got sorted out.

Cheers mate.

gail.bergan407744

My CDOrder file is still associated with waue_donation_1.php (from the older file I started with) - how do I change this? and it's sending the wrong email. It's send the email associated with the donation.php file, not the one I created on Blank11.php.

Thank_you.htm is uploaded, but I'm getting a 404 File Not Found error as well. Attaching two files.

Gail

Attached Files
Blank_11.php
CDorder.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You probably need to create a copy of waue_donation_1.php named something else. Then update CDorder.php to refer to the new file on line 71.

Then open up the copied file and you can refer to the new email body file in that file... just open it and find where the other body file is referenced and update it to Blank_11.php.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

gail.bergan407744

Thank you Ray, that did the trick. It's all working again. One odd thing: even when I renamed the waue_donation_1.php file, there were still instances of reference to that file name deep in the code. I didn't know if I should rename all of those too. I didn't, just to see if it would work. Luckily it did without any further intervention.

I realized the thank_you.htm file wasn't being found because it needed the ../ in front of it. Duh!

Once again, you saved me!

Best regards,
Gail

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...