close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Installed via Extension Manager but no activation!!

Thread began 8/20/2016 4:52 pm by wombat.56339078 | Last modified 8/30/2016 11:35 am by Ray Borduin | 3164 views | 8 replies |

wombat.56339078

Installed via Extension Manager but no activation!!

To WA.

Paid for this extension last Friday morning (Aus time). Now is Sunday morning (Aus time).

Have been trying since Friday morning to install but to no avail; [ CS6 Windows 10 ]

(A) .mxp installed via DW Exchange Manager; straight forward.

(B) Then after opening DW and opening a file the mySQLi install float frame appears and...
Step 1) Auto gets additional files (whatever?) from WA (within this DW WA float frame).
Step 2) Self installs new downloaded files.
Step 3) Displays install complete notice and says (reads!) to restart DW.

(C) Restart DW, open a file, and nothing else happens. AT NO stage am I asked for the validation code.

(D) Searching every menu, nook and cranny, I cannot find any reference to the new mySQLi extension.

The main top "WebAssist" menu shows a reference to "Database" -> "Model Database". Click that and absolutely NOTHING happens then either... see attached.

I am in a position where I cannot always produce pages while online (actually far more offline than on!). read below!!

===========================

FYI: Finally ALSO as a check I reinstalled the old HTML Editor (2.2) I obtained years ago; it kept asking for validation when ever I opened DW). I had to get something (an inline editor with a reliable future) happening and eventually let the WA editor slide, replaced by another excellent manual package. Alas I did not get around to pursuing a refund.

So exactly the same thing again keeps happening with the HTML Editors reinstall... it asks for the validation code each time I open DW. This I mention just in case it points to something amiss now recognized.

===========================

This mySQLi extension "exchange rate" price result for me this time was $AUD198 (from $US149). Therefore I must get it working soon or refunded.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What version of Dreamweaver? You may need to install the "Database and Server Behaviors" extension from Adobe if you are running a more recent version of Dreamweaver. Try to open Window->Databases. If you can't find that or it won't open, then it means the database connectivity isn't installed. It can be downloaded and installed from the Adobe plugin store for free.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

wombat.56339078

RE: Installed via Extension Manager but no activation!!

I mentioned above [ DW CS6 Windows 10 ]. We can bind to mySQL db/tables etc via old behaviors and whatever no problem. We just wanted the extension for mySQLi (or PDO mySQLi) for upgrading and future proofing my scripts.

I have also reinstalled all the WA extensions we had on this box, and again as mentioned old HTML Editor 2.2 still always asks for activation whenever an editor is first called (both install and edit via properties). "Free tools" adds WA menu options but none of the sub-menu links open anything!... unresponsive.

We don't have any problem with plugins from other suppliers, only some WA plugs.

So confidence is getting a little thin now.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please reply with a US phone number or Skype contact information in the private area and I'll set up a screen sharing session to look into this with you. It might be a conflict with installing the new MySQLi extensions with extensions from many years ago.

wombat.56339078

Thank you Ray.

I'm in Australia; about +14-16 hours GMT difference to US West coast, and don't do Skype anyway.

It beats me as to why Adobe never embedded MySQL / SQL (+ PHP / ASP fully!) natively years ago. Now of course it could not be done because of the developed considerable plugins market.

However to ensure reliability we have decided to probably go for a new IDE program altogether that natively supports MySQLi by default - and perhaps PostgreSQL (no plugins needed) - and probably give DW the flick anyway. Pricey, they appear to be cheaper than DW too after a bit of a look around (+ considering no extras costs as well).

So if you could inform me of the contact required for a refund and blocking of the relevant activation code I would appreciate it.

Regards.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your purchase has been refunded.

wombat.56339078

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Your purchase has been refunded.  

That was Thursday your time. Now Monday morning your time and there is still no evidence of the refund. Please advise.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The refund was processed on Thursday, but it can take up to 5 business days to show on your card. There has only been 1 full business day since that refund.

wombat.56339078

Thank you, settlement completed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...