close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Need help to validate new fields in UR pack

Thread began 9/04/2009 10:33 am by saf01 | Last modified 9/14/2009 1:00 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3685 views | 8 replies |

saf01

Need help to validate new fields in UR pack

Hi. I successfully setup php/mysql and the User registration pack and tested the form and Admin sections. All is going well. Now I have added 4 new fields in the registration form in DW and created matching fields in the mysql database. I have DataAssist and CSS Form Builder, but Im really struggling about how I can go about adding validation to the new fields and then adding filling the form does not even add to the database field. Please help me. I really appreciate it.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

To add new validation to the page, open the Server Behaviors Window:
Window -> Server Behaviors

Then double click on the Server Validation server behavior. Select the type of validation you wish to use, then click the lightning bolt next to server variable and select the form element you wish to validate, then click the plus button tp add the validation to the list. Click the help button in the server validation wizard to get context sensitive help.

Again, on the server behaviors, you can double click the insert record server behavior to bind you new database columns to the new form elements.

saf01

Hi Jason,

Thank you v much for the kind help. It worked perfectly. I have some questions which I require more help on, please:

1. How do I get the admin pages to display the information for the new fields I added?
So that I can Search, Update and Delete information for the new fields as well.

2. I wish to use the user register form as a survey/campaign and do not require password fields. Please could you tell me how I can remove them and stop the email going to the admin and user when they register - I'll be checking the Admin daily anyway to see who filled out the form. Also how to remove the user login page.

Please help. Many thanks.

saf01

Ive got DataAssist and ran the wizard to recreate the backend pages . This answered a big part of the questions in my previous post - now I see registration form data in my database.

Just one question. How do I stop public from accessing the admin pages using the cookie control or security assist. Because after I ran the DataAssist wizard, the session to these pages disappeared which was on the original pages. Please help. Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Use the SecurityAssist Access pages manager to apply access rules to your DataAssist pages.

saf01

Hi Jason. Thanks for your reply.

This is what Ive done - Ive recreated my registration form using CSS Form Builder and created new mysql database fields corresponding to all form fields. So when a customer fills in the form, the data gets added to the database, tested successfully. My form does not have username and password fields as I don't want them to register to login.

After running DataAssist wizard, successfully creating and testes all necessary pages (Insert, Results, Update, Delete...) in the Admin directory.

Now Im stuck, and need a little help. Im finding it difficult to create an access rule to restrict access to the Datatassist pages. Please could you help. Appreciated.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further. To view and edit your support ticket go to your support history:
supporthistory.php

saf01

Hi Jason,

Thanks for setting up a support ticket. I have been looking into why the problems Ive described happened and now Ive managed to fix that issue as well.

I copied and pasted bits of code (missing links to the WA_Globals on new pages) from the original UR pack for each of the Results, Details, Update pages to my newly created DA pages. Now all works corectly :) - I can login in to the admin and view pages. If if go the e.g. the results page without logging in, it jumps back to the admin login (perfectly).

Webassist is awesome.

Just, one last thing though, which I require your expertise, when a user fills my new form, all the data is sent to the database, so how do I make it so that it jumps to a thankyou page after the user clicks the submit button. Please advise. Thanks.

Never mind: I found the answer : Just added the filename in the redirect string on the registration form e.g. $WA_redirectURL = "thank-you.php";

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Excellent, glad to hear you have got is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...