close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Fourth option not on passing price increase

Thread began 8/02/2016 8:07 pm by phil107723 | Last modified 8/08/2016 10:50 am by Ray Borduin | 913 views | 5 replies |

phil107723

Fourth option not on passing price increase

I have added a fourth option to my product page. I already had working: size, inlet with price increases and configuration with no price increase. I have added a fourth, a choice between having a normal baffle or a race baffle for an extra cost.
However the baffle option is not being added to the price in the shopping cart. In the shopping cart under options it lists (see attached image) size, config and inlet and then it is supposed to show either normal or Race but instead it is showing a 0 (no increase) or 50 for the price increase for the race option. So in the image $500 is supposed to be $550 for the race baffle option.

I am attaching testecart1_PHP.php, a stripped down test page test.php, newshop_cart.php and a screenshot of problem.

Links to the test page is here http://adrenalinr.com/test.php?productID=611

or the one I'm working on here http://adrenalinr.com/newproductdetail.php?productID=611.

Thanks for your time
Phil

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you manually added those columns instead of using the Dreamweaver interface and that caused a few issues in your cart definition file: testeCart1_PHP.php.

Every time you see:
$itemWAUID, $itemBaffle, $itemBafflePriceInc

it should be:
$itemWAUID, $itemBaffle, $itemBafflePriceInc, $itemWAUID

a simple find and replace would probably fix it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

phil107723

Thanks Ray. I'll give it a go. I did add it manually because my interface doesn't always work.

phil107723

Hi Ray I tried that no change. I have also used the interface to add the baffle columns and the WAUID (I don't remember what this is). I also tried putting $itemBaffle, $itemBafflePriceInc, $itemWAUID through the interface and manually and this made it work but erratically , add one product it didn't work, add another and it did, add another and each product would have that fourth option differently.

Is there something else it could be?

Thanks for your time. Phil

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm guessing it is something related to the hand editing still. I'd update the eCart object through the Dreamweaver interface and then update the add to cart through the dreamweaver interface. The interface should always work until you start hand editing, which can cause it to become erratic.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

phil107723

Yes you were right. I went and started from scratch and tried to did it all through the interface and the problem was sorted when I redid the add to cart. I only tried it manually because my versions of the interface and DW don't always co-operate. The code looks exactly the same but obviously something else was updated that I was unaware of. Anyway thanks for your help Ray, I really appreciate it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...