close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Groups Manager

Thread began 9/04/2009 10:25 am by Daryl | Last modified 4/20/2012 1:19 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2326 views | 5 replies |

DarylBeta Tester

Groups Manager

I would like to set up some groups for page access.

I have created a group (I think), and then have gone to add the page security

I have chosen groups and selected the group that I want to access the page. What do I put in the other field? Normally is would be a compare to...

Also, how does the Groups Manager know who the people that are in the group are?

I have read the help doc which doesnt seem to make it any clearer.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

have you looked through the "User Level Authentication" Tutorial that is available in the solution Recipe Section of the SecurityAssist support page?
securityassist/

A group is a collection of values that a selected variable can equal.

In the UserLevel authentication tutorial, there is a Userlevel session variable being set on login.

The variable can have a value of 1, 2 or 3.

the tutorial crates a group with members 2 and 3.

then creates a rule that compares the UserLevel Session variable to see if the it belongs in that group.

Look through the tutorial, it should clarify Access Groups for you.

DarylBeta Tester

I have been through the tutorial and have created some user groups.

The pages that have a simple page access rule ie must be logged in, or must be approved work well, however the pages that allow multiple types of users to access them seem to allow the public in.

Any ideas?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Are you using Groups?

make sure your group does not contain a blank entry, It is possible to add a blank value into the User Group, if a blank value is entered in the Group, it will allow everyone in.

Web Designer Troy

Access Group Manager not Accessing Rules

The Access Group Manager is not allowing me to access any rules for my group. I should be able to create my group and edit rules for that group. However, nothing is happening and I'm missing buttons including my Edit Access Rule Interface. It's like the buttons are not activating. I'm trying to combine two levels of users, an Administrator and a Super Administrator, into a group. The Super Adminsitrator and Administrator group should have access to pages such as update.php, detail.php and results.php type pages. The Super Administrator, in addition has access to insert.php and delete.php type pages.

The group is also not showing up in my Access Pages Manager under "Grant Access If."

On another note, my "Remember my information" and "Log me in automatically" on the Log In Page do not clear when unchecked withing I.E. 10. The sessions (or cookies) have no problems clearing in FireFox.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...