close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Recurring Payments Checkout Problems

Thread began 6/20/2016 1:58 pm by Robert Crespo | Last modified 8/03/2016 9:48 am by Ray Borduin | 3370 views | 23 replies |

Robert Crespo

Recurring Payments Checkout Problems

I need some help with getting the Recurring Payments system working properly. After having watched the Recurring Payments webinar several times and making the customizations to my database and checkout pages, I am running into a number of errors when making live payments. The biggest problem is that I am getting the following error messages after trying to complete a payment using local checkout. The error messages are on the confirm.php page:

Notice: Undefined index: PROFILEID in /home/crespo72/public_html/webassist/ecart/PP_RecurringPayments.php on line 142

Notice: Undefined index: PROFILEID in /home/crespo72/public_html/webassist/ecart/PP_RecurringPayments.php on line 142

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/crespo72/public_html/webassist/ecart/PP_RecurringPayments.php:142) in /home/crespo72/public_html/confirm.php on line 528

I am also running into a similar problem with the PayPal Express payments. I have attached the checkout files for you to inspect. Any help in getting this diagnosed and fixed would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Robert Crespo

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This means your recurring payment is failing for some reason. To debug try adding this to a failure page you can visit after seeing the error:

<?php
@session_start();
var_dump($_SESSION['WA_BillingAgreements']);
?>

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Robert Crespo

Ray, thank you for responding to the problem I am having with the Recurring Payments. Here are the messages I am getting after adding the var_dump on the pp_conform.com and the confirm.php pages.

On the confirm.php page I am getting the following error message:

array(1) { [0]=> array(9) { ["billingtype"]=> string(17) "RecurringPayments" ["billingagreement"]=> string(36) "500 Crickets delivered once per week" ["billingperiod"]=> string(4) "Week" ["billingfrequency"]=> string(1) "1" ["billingamount"]=> string(5) "17.99" ["maxfailedpayments"]=> NULL ["currencycode"]=> string(3) "USD" ["response"]=> array(9) { ["TIMESTAMP"]=> string(20) "2016-06-21T04:24:02Z" ["CORRELATIONID"]=> string(13) "12f470218db3c" ["ACK"]=> string(7) "Failure" ["VERSION"]=> string(4) "54.0" ["BUILD"]=> string(8) "22386173" ["L_ERRORCODE0"]=> string(5) "11505" ["L_SHORTMESSAGE0"]=> string(46) "Start Date should be greater than current date" ["L_LONGMESSAGE0"]=> string(59) "Subscription start date should be greater than current date" ["L_SEVERITYCODE0"]=> string(5) "Error" } ["found"]=> bool(true) } }

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/crespo72/public_html/confirm.php:3) in /home/crespo72/public_html/confirm.php on line 535

And on the pp_confirm.php pages here are the error codes:

array(1) { [0]=> array(7) { ["billingtype"]=> string(17) "RecurringPayments" ["billingagreement"]=> string(36) "500 Crickets delivered once per week" ["billingperiod"]=> string(4) "Week" ["billingfrequency"]=> string(1) "1" ["billingamount"]=> string(5) "17.99" ["maxfailedpayments"]=> NULL ["currencycode"]=> string(3) "USD" } }
Notice: Undefined index: NEGOTIATEDRATES in /home/crespo72/public_html/WA_eCart/WA_eCart_UPS_PHP.php on line 139

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/crespo72/public_html/pp_confirm.php:3) in /home/crespo72/public_html/pp_confirm.php on line 432

I believe one of the main issues that I am dealing with is the fact that I want (need) to use the live UPS quote in conjunction with recurring payments. Please help me finish this last piece of the puzzle so I can complete this website.

Regards,
Robert

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Can I get FTP access to your server and a URL to reproduce the problem? I'll need to debug this. It appears you have two issues, one with recurring payments and one with shipping, and I'll have to debug to figure out why.

Robert Crespo

Ray, thank you for getting back to me. Please see the FTP credentials in the private message area.

Please remember that the only detail page that is designed to work with the recurring payments is called details-sub.php and not details.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I fixed the error with the UPS charge. My test transaction went through and created a recurring payment. Please refund my purchase and try again. If you have issues, please tell me the exact items you had in your cart so I can more effectively reproduce the problem.

Robert Crespo

Ray, I am very impressed that you were able to get the recurring payment working.

First I want to let you know that I refunded WebAssist for the test payment you made turning testing.

Secondly, can you tell me what you fixed to get this working? And will this now work with local credit card checkout as well as Paypal express? If you need to respond in the private comments area for security then that will be fine.

Thirdly, I noticed that the recurring payment was for the item only. However, I would prefer to have the option of capturing the UPS shipping charges. Is there a way to do this or would I need to buy a premium ticket for this?

Lastly, I do not want to overwrite any files so please let me know which files I need to back up.

Thank you very very much!

Regards,
Robert Crespo

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The only file I changed was the UPS include file. I didn't do anything to make the recurring payments work... they just worked when I tested.

I used express checkout in my test. Please test on your own and if you run into issues let me know the exact steps including the products you had in your cart and recurring period you selected and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Robert Crespo

I noticed that the recurring payment was for the item only. However, I would prefer to have the option of capturing the UPS shipping charges. Is there a way to do this or would I need to buy a premium ticket for this?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Since the recurring payment is for each item and a different recurring profile is created for each item, but the shipping is for the entire cart, adding the shipping into the recurring payment is problematic.

We could probably do something to account for it in a premier ticket. We would have to calculate the shipping cost for each row in the cart separately and then create the recurring profile with the shipping added for each row. The totals of the recurring shipping may not be the same as the shipping charged for the first order.

For instance if I had two items in my cart... crickets weekly and meal worms monthly and each weigh 1lb... The shipping for the order would be for one 2 lb package, but when the recurring payment is processed it would have to be for individual 1lb packages which would have a different rate. It is that complexity that would require a premier ticket.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...