close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic Button for Drop Down Menus stopped working

Thread began 6/15/2016 11:47 pm by keith505 | Last modified 6/16/2016 11:53 am by Ray Borduin | 2039 views | 6 replies |

keith505

Dynamic Button for Drop Down Menus stopped working

When I click on the dynamic button to populate a dropdown menu on any page, I get "Unexpected Error" on the first click...and then the button stops working altogether until I close and reopen Dreamweaver. If I remove the Wincache file, I can edit a dyanmic dropdown 1 time. When the dropdown is saved, I get the error:

The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 67 of file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2015\Configuration\Shared\Common\Scripts\GridControlClass.js": this.object has no properties.

After this, it is back to the "Unexpected Error" or "an unnamed file contains an incorrect path."

I have tried uninstalling all extensions and reinstalling the latest versions. I have removed the Win Cache file and I have deleted the configuration file. I believe I am experiencing the same problem as this post: http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=36729, so if you have documented that fix, it may help here as well. I appreciate any help. I am out of ideas.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have mySQLi server behaviors installed? Perhaps try reinstalling that one.

If you still have issues, please post a US phone number or Skype contact information here and I'll call to schedule a screen sharing session and help track it down.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

keith505

Hi Ray, I don't have that extension. Just DataBridge, E-Cart and Design Extender.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That interface throwing the error and file it references are both built by Adobe, but I see that we updated the file with the error specifically in our MySQLi server behaviors, perhaps to account for this issue. I've attached the file so you can try replacing it and see if that fixes the problem.

Attached Files
GridControlClass.js

keith505

I replaced the file and restarted DW. When I try to edit a drop down, I get "Unexpected File Format." and then DW stops working and closes. The first few times I opened DW, I received the attached error. If purchasing MYSQLi will be the path of least resistance, that is fine as I intended on purchasing it at some point anyway.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. We replace that UI in MySQLi Server Behaviors, so that would be the best first step. If that doesn't work at least when I call and fix it with you we would be working with our files and not Dreamweaver's.

keith505

So far so good with installing MySQLi. No errors to report, but will let you know if I do. Thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...