close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problen upload images

Thread began 6/01/2016 5:05 am by QuiruNet | Last modified 6/09/2016 12:28 pm by Ray Borduin | 1644 views | 11 replies |

QuiruNet

Problen upload images

This days, i have problems to upload images, sometimes it is stock for hours trying to upload, like de attachments y send you. Can you help me. thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'll need a url to reproduce the problem and FTP access to debug. I may also need the images you are uploading if they are significant to reproducing the problem. I imagine it is a particular image that is too large causing an out of memory error. The solution may be to increase the available memory on the server using the php.ini file.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

QuiruNet

info

All images are no to large, about 160 KB each, we upload 120 images, in four steps (480 images, sometimes more, but always upload 120 images each step)

php.ini - memory_limit: 256M

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There is some sort of issue going on with the server. Do you have access to error logs? It appears the entire server is going down when this happens. I can't access any pages and things start acting very strangely. I'd contact your hosting provider and see if you can get more information about the exact error and why the site is going down.

The image upload accesses hundreds of pages quickly, but it appears to me that accessing any page multiple times will bring the site down. I see it is failing on the line:

@session_start();

so it has something to do with the server session management, but it appears to be an issue your hosting provider will need to address.

QuiruNet

i send you the log

i hope you can see something,...it never happen....but now, every time the client up load the gallery, it happen. Thank a lot.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd contact your hosting provider and see if they can help. I don't see the problem from these logs, but it appears to be a server configuration issue of some sort and not an issue with your files themselves. If it was an issue with your files it would have always happened. If it just started happening recently then that implies the hosting company made an update recently and they could potentially be able to fix it for you.

QuiruNet

info

Thank Ray, i will speak with the hosting.

But, my client upload the files in safari, and that the problem happend...when the uplodad is waiting in some file....the safari freeze....but i try in firefox...and it wait .... but in the end show the error, that some times can upload a specific photo. My question is.....we can short the time....if the gallery has a problem...with a photo is uploading....because the time it is processing is abou 10 minutes ore more ....Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The issue is with the site session failing. I can't see how to shorten the time... perhaps set the session timeout to a shorter period, but that might cause other issues.

The real solution is to keep it from failing in the first place. Hopefully the hosting company can get it resolved.

QuiruNet

session failing

But the session failing, if i remove the session from the page addimages?? remove: ../WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php, i will work?.

Other thing, when sometimes, it give a error to upload an image, and the client has to wait over 10 minutes...the thing i find this code:
@error_reporting(E_ALL);
@set_time_limit(0);
@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
@ini_set('max_execution_time', 0);
@ini_set('memory_limit','64M');
@ini_set('gd.jpeg_ignore_warning', 1);

if i change this line @ini_set('max_execution_time', 0);, change 0 to 2 minutes, it will make a different than the client doest will wait that 10 minutes each error. Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No I think the issue is that the session isn't closing properly and then it will wait for the session to close before allowing access to the page.

You might be able to lower the session time limit to get around the problem... but again this is a server issue that should be addressed by the server admin instead of working around it.

Another solution might be to not use the session, but to do that you would have to store some of the necessary session variables somewhere else, or pass them into the page through the url.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...