close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

jQuery accordions on framework pages

Thread began 5/27/2016 2:08 pm by Jason | Last modified 6/01/2016 9:29 pm by Ray Borduin | 1510 views | 8 replies |

Jason

jQuery accordions on framework pages

I converted a Dreamweaver template that I was using on a bunch of pages into a Theme with framework builder. Everything is working correctly, except for pages that contain the jQuery accordions. On those pages the body content loads before the theme for some reason, and I get a jQuery not defined error.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Can I see the url of the page you are having difficulty with? It is probably an issue with repeated jquery code or code in the wrong order.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jason

See private message

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You don't have the jquery library loaded on this page...

The page actually has multiple <html>, <head>, and <body> tags.

I'd have to look at the page and how you are loading the plugins to figure out where it is going wrong.

Jason

I'm attaching 3 pages.

index.php - is the page you viewed that isn't working correctly.

new_series.php - is a page in the same folder as index.php and it uses the same theme files. It works correctly, but doesn't contain an accordion.

alf_cms_blank.dwt.php - is the template that the theme is using (This is where the basic jquery files are being called in).

I know what you're referring to regarding the multiple html, body... tags. It only occurs on the pages that use an accordion. It appears that the page loads the theme nested inside of the accordion div for some reason.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your index page doesn't have an </body> tag. It looks like an issue with the /Templates/Themes/alf_cms_blank_fw_theme.dwt.php file itself.

Jason

The /Templates/Themes/alf_cms_blank_fw_theme.dwt.php is attached. It doesn't have much to it. I'm assuming the theme is pulling the actual template info from /Templates/alf_cms_blank.dwt.php, which I attached to my previous reply.

The body tag for the index file is on line 53 of index.php. It's part of the template code, but it's being called in the same as the body tag on new_series.php (line 143).

Attached Files
alf_cms_blank_fw_theme.dwt.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your theme code got placed in the middle of the page and it needs to be on the top.

Move the code from lines 151-157 above the <html> tag around line 30 and it should fix this issue.

Jason

Yup! That fixed it. Thanks Ray. Not sure why, but it did that on every single one of my pages that have the jQuery accordion. Might be a bug or might just be me and my random issues. lol Anyway, thanks for the excellent help as always!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...