close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Undefined index error messages

Thread began 5/25/2016 10:07 am by gail.bergan407744 | Last modified 6/02/2016 11:45 am by Ray Borduin | 2548 views | 20 replies |

gail.bergan407744

Undefined index error messages

Hi,

I'm trying to add an email message to a form that was working great...until I tried this. A member updates their own info and uploads it to our database. A couple of people now need to be notified of the changes. I read some of your responses regarding Universal Email and the above error messages - they have to do with the waue file. I tried doing what Jason suggested in a few of the responses - deleting mail_php.php and mailformatting_php.php and then regenerating UE to recreate them. I did upload the new files (in fact, the entire WA folder, because I had to regenerate the whole server behavior). Now the error I'm getting is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function writeUEProgress() in C:\Data\Websites\GCSSEPM\update_self.php on line 107. I'm attaching the file and hoping for some help.

Attached Files
update_self.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your email include files got placed too low on the page. Move lines 166-167 up above line 79 and this error should go away.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

gail.bergan407744

Hi Ray,

Moving those lines did get rid of that error. But I'm still having problems with the file. Before trying to add this email function, it was posting changes back to the database just fine. Now, I get no changes posted, plus I'm not getting the test email either. I've attached the file again. I did make sure that the waue_update_self_2.php file had the MailTo filled in and that it was uploaded. Hopefully you can spot what's wrong!

Gail

Attached Files
update_self.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Does it redirect to the thank you page?

It looks like it should work. You can try debugging by adding these lines below line 73:

var_dump($UpdateQuery);
die();

gail.bergan407744

Yes I get the thankyou page.

The error I get is (after a full page of text, this is at the bottom, no other errors show):
["Error"]=> string(41) "Data too long for column 'yrend' at row 1" ["ErrorNo"]=> int(1406) ["ID"]=> int(1) ["Debug"]=> bool(false) }

You'll recall that we set all these 'date' and 'year' columns to be VARCHAR and in this case it has a length of (4). It has a default value of 0000, because my bulk emailing software required that 'something' be in that field. Well now apparently it's preventing this form (and maybe others) from posting?

UPDATE:
HERE'S THE ENTIRE TEXT IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT:

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The code still has yrend as a time field not varchar... update line 65 from:

$UpdateQuery->bindColumn("yrend", "t", "".((isset($_POST["yrend"]))?$_POST["yrend"]:"") ."", "WA_DEFAULT");

to:

$UpdateQuery->bindColumn("yrend", "s", "".((isset($_POST["yrend"]))?$_POST["yrend"]:"") ."", "WA_DEFAULT");

gail.bergan407744

OK, I did that. Now I'm getting the following error when I Submit. File attached. By the way, all of a sudden DW does NOT like this file. It keeps freezing up & crashing as I try to work with it, even after restarting. Anyway:

UPDATE: I neglected to mention, this time it DID make the change to the server. It just gave me this text dump, I did not get redirected to the ThankYou page, nor did I receive the Email.

Attached Files
update_self.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Remove the debug code we added:

var_dump($UpdateQuery);
die();

it should be working now.

gail.bergan407744

OK, no more screenful of text and the changes are posting to the database. But still no email message.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Does it go to the thank you page now? It looks like you have two email messages on the page, is that on purpose? If so, you should only have a redirect in the second one.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...