close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Godaddy migration has left Powergallery inoperable....

Thread began 5/25/2016 6:12 am by Dennis | Last modified 4/19/2021 9:48 am by Ray Borduin | 1388 views | 3 replies |

Dennis

Godaddy migration has left Powergallery inoperable....

I had Godaddy migrate to another server and now Power Gallery either does not operate or is inconsistent. What should I do?

I exported the sql....added a new Powergallery1 DB and imported the sql.....modigfied the powergallery.php app with a suggested hostname: 'localhost' and now in the CMS backend when I go to capture the code for adding to a website I get:

I can refrerence a gallery url...which works fine....but in the app backend after I capture a piece of php code and put it in an php file and reference it in a web page...the code being captured now is referencing a library at: /home/hofde0149/public_html/hdpa49/Powergallery/

Before the migration it was referencing: /home/content/70/11048770/html/Powergallery/

NOTE:
Godaddy path for the new website would be:
public_html/hdpa49/powergallery/

Godaddy absolute path for the new website would be:
/home/hofde0149/public_html/hdpa49/powergallery/

Godaddy asked that the value in the powergallery.php hostname be: $hostname_powergallery = 'localhost';

ideas? does it need a reinstall?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can take a look and try to fix it for you.

Can I get FTP access and a url to reproduce the problem? I'll see if there is a simple fix I can implement.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Dennis

Thanks Ray....just now solved the problem.....

Godaddy was not completely forthright with how they were going to migrate.....a new static IP was also assigned and I had not been given that info even after paying for the service. My FTP was pointing to the former shared hosting IP. Once pointed to the correct destination this problem was resolved, all was good. Good info though as I'm preparing a store for deployment and that would have been a problem had I not learned from this experience.....all good...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like the new server is using php7, so the powergallery code had to be updated to the latest version. I've uploaded the latest version, but the connection information still is wrong. However if you update the connection, that should fix it now. I can't look up the correct database connection information without cpanel access.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...