close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

install

Thread began 5/20/2016 12:05 pm by Dennis | Last modified 6/02/2016 2:33 pm by Ray Borduin | 2169 views | 16 replies |

Dennis

install Question(s):

I just downloaded to a Powerstore folder on a local windows device. Can I install that copy on my local server to configure the Powewrstore application then FTP the contents of the updated copy to my remote Godaddy production server? Will that need to go through another install once copied?

Also, install went fine on local server but had to install the MySql DB first. And, one more question. There was NO 'PayPal Standard' option. Which gateways can I choose from? Or, is PayPal express the same as PayPal Standard?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can copy all of the files, update the database connection file, and do an export/import to move over the database to the live server without needing to install again.

Paypall Express replaced standard. It is still free and is more robust and secure.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Dennis

Does it mastter what format the DB is exported as? (CSV, CSV for xls or SQL)

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you are exporting the table structure (which you would probably want to) then SQL is the best. CSV is just for data.

Dennis

Real Install Into Remote Server

All the pieces are ready. I have imported with phpmyadmin the new collectiblestosell MySQL database the other day. Now when I go to import the real data I get an error during the import. Is there a recommended phpmysql import to perform?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What is the errror? I think when you do the export you can specify to "drop table if exists" and that should prevent any conflicts with existing data.

Dennis

Thanks....I dropped each table then imported a backup from test. I have 2 problems and not sure how to fix. 1. The number of products in test is 34 and the number of products in Prod is 92. (What happened and how to fix) 2. my notifications are not being sent. Not sure what to relay to godaddy..

Please advise....

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd drop the products table and re-import just that table if it seems out of sync.

Make sure your FROM address is an email address that ends with the same domain as the web site. Go daddy won't send emails that appear to be sent from someone else like @gmail or @yahoo

Dennis

Thanks....I resolved the 2 issues. The email was related to having migrated to a CPanel and the MX records had to be set to a remote destination..... The number of records items was related to a size restriction of GoDaddy...go figure...I reentered the records and now I'm good to go....

Now I have 2 other issues.....

1. My Paypal Express doesn't seem to work. I go to a Paypal screen but it doesn't matter what I enter, the Paypal screen says I timed out....checked the Business Paypal API credentials and appears to be OK.
2. Shipping charges are not being transferred to the Paypal screen that wants me to enter a credit card.

Please Advise

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have a url where I can test and see the issue?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...