close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Using cart 6 with responsive BOOTSTRAP

Thread began 5/19/2016 12:55 pm by jspoerer286380 | Last modified 6/09/2016 6:15 pm by Ray Borduin | 3063 views | 8 replies |

jspoerer286380

Using cart 6 with responsive BOOTSTRAP

Hi... I have a Shopping Cart working fine in a non responsive design... Now I am in the process of updating my site to a responsive design using Twitter BOOTSTRAP framework...
Any advice to accomplish this task ??
Any help will be appreciated...

Thanks,

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

eCart 6 should be responsive without needing bootstrap. Just implement the bootstrap files and then fix issues as they arise. When you have specific issues post them here with a sample url and we can try to help.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jspoerer286380

ECart 6 with Bootstrap 3.0

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  eCart 6 should be responsive without needing bootstrap. Just implement the bootstrap files and then fix issues as they arise. When you have specific issues post them here with a sample url and we can try to help.  

Hello Ray... I had No problem at all... I just insert a new responsive Cart in a fresh Bootstrap container using your Display Manager and it worked flawlessly... BUT (always there is a but)... I need now to rebuild the confirm.php page of the checkout process (adjusting the checkout page was easy).
Can you give me recommendations for doing this please...?? The old confirm.php page is based in the old -non responsive- Cart.

Thanks,
Jorge Spoerer from Santiago, Chile

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have a url? I can suggest CSS to add. It is probably a matter of inserting some media query css to change attributes based on screen size, but without seeing your page design I couldn't give specifics.

jspoerer286380

Sure Ray.... please start with the following page and go through the complete checkout process please....

http://www.greenpeel.cl/Productos/cb_hpeye.php

You will notice that the confirm.php is the only one with the "old" design....

Thanks,
Jorge

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you haven't updated even the menu to be responsive on that page yet. Start by doing that.

Then, in the css file: WA_eCart/CSS/eC_Power_greenpeel_Arial.css, update the width attribute to: width: auto;

Once you put it on a responsive page I'll be able to give you more advice on making the contents responsive.

jspoerer286380

Ok, Ray... Now the page is ready... can you take a look to it please?? I did what you suggested (update the width attribute to: width: auto;) but the cart doesn´t look right on phones....

Can you tell me what I should change / modify please ??

Thank You & Best Regards,
Jorge Spoerer

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Delete the cart and add it back using eCart 6 and it will be responsive... just add it as "read-only" instead of "update-able" when running the display manager.

jspoerer286380

It worked perfectly.... Thanks Ray

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...