close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

500 Internal Error after installation

Thread began 5/06/2016 12:59 pm by thinkdolphin | Last modified 5/10/2016 9:40 am by Ray Borduin | 1789 views | 12 replies |

thinkdolphin

500 Internal Error after installation

I set up my store locally and just uploaded all of the files to the live server. I exported the local database and imported into the new one. I made sure it was all in the same directory as I had it locally but I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error.

Here's what the page says:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I checked the server log and it doesn't really tell me much.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please post the URL and FTP information and I can debug it. Did you update the connection file with the remote database information? Did you export/import the database tables from your localhost so that they will exist on the remote machine?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

thinkdolphin

I actually decided to do a fresh upload of the original files. When I went to the site and started the install Powerstore it gave me a Session Management issue in the diagnostic check. Where do I go to fix that? Thanks!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is usually because the session.save_path setting in the php.ini is set to a non-existent or folder without read/write access. The solution is to correct it.. usually you can open a support ticket to get this fixed by your hosting provider.

thinkdolphin

This is what it says in my php.ini file--

; session.save_path = "N;/path"

I removed the ; and it's working! :)

thinkdolphin

I went through the whole install process with no issues. But when I went to the admin page I get a 500 Internal Error!

http://cosmicimaging.com/admin/

thinkdolphin

I turned error messages on. This is what I get--

Warning: require_once(../../webassist/themes/Default/images/installed.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnaweb14a/b1855/ywh.cosmic/webassist/themes/theme_open.php on line 63 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../../webassist/themes/Default/images/installed.jpg' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.29-amd64/lib/php') in /hermes/bosnaweb14a/b1855/ywh.cosmic/webassist/themes/theme_open.php on line 63

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That file shouldn't be used in the latest version... If you give me FTP access I can go in and update the files to correct it.

thinkdolphin

Great, sent info in private message!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can't seem to connect with that information. I can't even ping that ftp host.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...