close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DFP2 problems and question

Thread began 9/03/2009 1:26 pm by info321189 | Last modified 9/05/2009 9:06 pm by anonymous | 3167 views | 5 replies |

info321189

DFP2 problems and question

Hello, when I upload small image sizes DFP2 works fine, when a user try to upload a picture from a digital camera the upload doesn't work, the debug message is this:

Status object: WA_UploadResult1
statusCode : 0
errorMessage : No file uploaded
clientFileName :
fileExtension :
serverFileName :
serverSimpleFileName :
serverDirectory :
contentType :
fileWasOverwritten :
fileWasSkipped :
fileWasRenamed :
fileSize : -1
isImage :
imageWidth : -1
imageHeight : -1
WA_UploadResult1_1:
clientFileName :
fileExtension :
serverFileName :
serverSimpleFileName :
serverDirectory :
contentType :
fileSize : -1
imageWidth : -1
imageHeight : -1
statusCode : 0
errorMessage : No file uploaded

on the page I get this error:

Notice: Undefined variable: firstFile in C:\htdocs\website\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 334

I can configure the max file size somewhere ?
I alredy try to add the line code
<?php ini_set('memory_limit', '256M'); ?>
but doesn't work.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Try using the beta build of Digital File pro that is available in the beta builds section of the DFP Downloads page.

The memory_limit can be st in the php.ini file. If you dont have access to the ini file, you will need to use the ini_set function.

info321189

Hello Jason.
I get the same thing with beta version. I also up to 1024M the amount of memory in the php.ini ... :-( what is wrong ?

info321189

solved!

Solved! I'm stupid and I don't think to increase the filesize in .htaccess
:-)

meister281653

why do you have to set the file size in the htaccess? what should people do how cant change their htaccess?

DFP1 was able to upload lage files, why DFP2 is not?

anonymous

meister,

your mixing up attributes... the htaccess file is a server issue... not an issue of Digital File Pro 2 or 1 for that matter. Digital File pro can handle any image size... but YOUR HOST for example may only allow 8MB uploads for example, if that's the case and you try to upload a file bigger than that, it won't work but not because of Digital File Pro 2, but rather because that is the parameter for limitation by your host.

Some people who control their own server decide to use htaccess files to set php parameters. I prefer just to use the php.ini file when possible. But, the earlier post of htaccess was because whoever was trying to upload a large file had previously had an htaccess file that was limiting the size of uploads - not DFP2.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...