close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How do I move all of my webassist settings over to a new computer?

Thread began 4/27/2016 9:48 am by BjB | Last modified 5/09/2016 11:26 am by Ray Borduin | 2116 views | 15 replies |

BjB

How do I move all of my webassist settings over to a new computer?

How do I move all preset settings that I've created when building forms in WA to my new computer. Should I just copy over the Configuration file? It looks like a few people have tried that and it didn't work.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could try copying over the entire configuration folder as long as your new computer has all of the same extensions installed (don't take the cache .dat file) and you are moving PC to PC or Mac to Mac. Otherwise you could copy over the specific preset folder for each WA product individually. I could tell you the paths if you tell me the product presets you are trying to move.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

BjB

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the quick reply. I would rather copy over the specific preset folders. I have presets for Data Bridge and Design Extender.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could use the Webassist->Preset Manager UI to export and import your settings. But if you want to copy files manually I think these will do it, but i may be missing some.

Form Builder: /Configuration/Shared/Webassist/FormBuilder/FormDefinitions
CSS Buttons: /Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/CSSMenuWriter/ButtonPresets
Data Assist:/Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/DataAssist/XML
Menu Writer: /Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/CSSMenuWriter/presets
CSS Sculptor: /Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/CSSSculptor/presets, /Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/CSSSculptor/v2_presets, /Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/CSSSculptor/designs, /Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/CSSSculptor/designtypes

BjB

Ok, I've exported the Presets on the old machine using the Preset Manager UI to a shared folder. I opened the folder and unzipped the zip file, the Preset Manager created during the export. In the unzipped folder there are xml files and folders. Inside each folder there are more xml files and folders and inside those folders there is another xml file and another folder and so on. Out of all of that, what do I import to the new computer, all the xml files and folders?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can click import and import the .zip files themselves. The Preset Manager will put them in the correct locations.

BjB

Ok, got it. last question. Is it ok to select everything, or should I select just my presets? Will It replace the default presets or will it duplicate them when I import the zip files?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It may create a copy of them. I'd just select your presets to be safe.

BjB

You're right, I did a small test and it does create a copy, so it is best to just select the presets I created. However, after I have imported the zip file, when I select a preset (Default or mine) and click the edit button I get the attached error for missing fields on some of the imported presets. I checked the old machine and I don't get that error. Also, I'm getting the second error on both machines on all presets.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Manually copy the entire folder:
/Configuration/Shared/Webassist/FormBuilder/FormDefinitions

from the old computer to the new one. It must not have come over in the preset.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...