close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

trouble setting up PowerStore

Thread began 9/03/2009 10:40 am by barbara224891 | Last modified 9/16/2009 1:43 pm by barbara224891 | 5985 views | 17 replies |

barbara224891

trouble setting up PowerStore

Hi, I'm trying to use PowerStore for the first time. I can't seem to get my globals set right to let the admin user log in. I'm happy to pay for a support incident to get a little hand-holding, but I can't find where on the site to request one. I left a message on the support line.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The username and the password for the admin is controlled in the globals file with these tow variables:

$WAGLOBAL_Admin_UserName = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_Password = "" ;

As a simple test you can just put in the word test into both of these, then save the page and make sure it is uploaded to the live site where you are testing this. When you browse to your powerstore files you will go into the admin folder like this:

yourPowerStoreFiles/Admin/

If you are not able to successfully login please explain what is occurring when you try.

barbara224891

nothing happens

When I go to the page index.php
and submit the username and password of test, the page resets with this as the url:
index.php?failed=1

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

How have you set the $WAGLOBAL_Admin_UserName and $WAGLOBAL_Admin_Password in the WA_Globals.php file? to test as the Username and password, you need to set it like:
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_UserName = "test" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_Password = "test" ;

If you still have a problem, try deleting the WA_Globals.php file from the server then re uploading to make sure your changes are going up to the server.

barbara224891

I did set them equal to test in the globals file. I tried deleting it from the server and then putting it again. Still the same problem.

barbara224891

could the remote root be a problem?

Please help! It's been over a week that I'm stuck on this. I'm willing to pay for a technical support incident if I can just get this problem resolved...

I'm wondering if I have the remote root set correctly. I set it using the same path as I use on the folder for my Dreamweaver configuration. Does that seem right?

warrenphillips25336771Beta Tester

Originally Said By: barbara224891
  Please help! It's been over a week that I'm stuck on this. I'm willing to pay for a technical support incident if I can just get this problem resolved...

I'm wondering if I have the remote root set correctly. I set it using the same path as I use on the folder for my Dreamweaver configuration. Does that seem right?  

Barbara

Drop us the code for what you have n the admin part, it will only be a small fault.

warrenphillips25336771Beta Tester

Originally Said By: warrenphillips25336771
  Barbara

Drop us the code for what you have n the admin part, it will only be a small fault.  

I mean let us know what you have put into the fields, I have mine all setup and working correctly. If you want a hand just ask, I don't work for these guys but will help

barbara224891

<?php
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://ElizabethLynne.com/" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Elizabeth Lynne" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Address = "8899 University Center Ln Suite 330";
$WAGLOBAL_City = "San Diego";
$WAGLOBAL_State = "CA";
$WAGLOBAL_Zip = "92122";
$WAGLOBAL_Country = "US";
$WAGLOBAL_GoogleAPIKey = "ABQIAAAAXafbUiGiRYj0bogExLhVCRT2yXp_ZAY8_ufC3CFXhHIE1NvwkxT5czkOfeMRZCjwJ7_QG4gFmJ1OGQ";
$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/www/elizabethlynne.com/";

// Admin Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_UserName = "test" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_Password = "test" ;
?>

Here's the stuff from the globals file. I assume that's what you're asking?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The remote root should be set as:
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/";

it is the root of your site, and only needs to be set if the files are in a sub directory such as:
powerstore/

Everything else looks correct, can you send the following file so I can look into this one:
HelperGroupsRulesPHP.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...