close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Script errors every time I open Dreamweaver from web assist extensions

Thread began 2/10/2016 10:25 am by adicarlo384434 | Last modified 2/10/2016 3:31 pm by Ray Borduin | 974 views | 3 replies |

adicarlo384434

Script errors every time I open Dreamweaver from web assist extensions

Every time I open a page in Dreamweaver I receive script errors from different web assist extensions, I have to click ignore about 20 times in a row until I can actually work on the page, then as soon as i make a change to the page without even saving it it start getting same script errors again, it never stops. I have tried all the suggestions on the forum, I even tried to uninstall all extensions but in Dreamweaver the options to select the web assist extensions are still there. I have tried the following so far with no success: 1. In Dreamweaver workspace reset my developer layout 2. Deleted the Dreamweaver cache file from the users configuration folder I have tried to reboot after all attempts, should I just delete the entire web assist folder from the configuration and reinstall all web assist extensions? or do something else? Thanks, Amedeo

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What are the exact errors?

A clean install of all of your extensions might be the best option.

1) Close Dreamweaver
2) Rename your Dreamweaver User Configuration folder to Configuration_bak
3) Reinstall the extensions

By renaming the Configuration folder it will effectively remove all installed extensions and clear any errors. After that a clean install should get everything working without errors again.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

adicarlo384434

Thanks for quick reply Ray

Ray, actually there are 30 errors in a row, you stop counting after 20 :) 1st error comes up as soon as I start dreamweaver, the rest come up one after another after I click inside a page after i open it, too many to type out so I'm attaching screenshots of the errors numbered in the order I receive them, let me know if i should do as you mentioned above now that you can see the errors.

Thanks,
Amedeo

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes... the errors you are getting are from very old versions of our extensions. What extensions of ours do you have installed? I think my suggestion of a fresh start is the best idea given the large number of errors you are experiencing.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...