close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cart in cookie mode is not clearing after a successful checkout

Thread began 1/24/2016 4:43 pm by mrobben375515 | Last modified 2/02/2016 5:15 pm by Ray Borduin | 1394 views | 7 replies |

mrobben375515

Cart in cookie mode is not clearing after a successful checkout

I changed the eCart mode from Session to Cookie. When the user checks out successfully, the cart is not clearing. I am attaching the credentials to see the page in action privately. There is a product in the cart ready to checkout. I am also attaching the checkout_success.php page for your review

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should be able to just apply the "Clear Cart" server behavior using the "Before page loads" trigger and move the resulting code to the bottom of the page manually. I've done that on your live site. Give it a try and let me know if you still have problems.

It may not work because cookies have to be cleared in the header. A work around might be to create a clear cart page and load it in a hidden iframe at the bottom of the checkout success page. If the current solution doesn't work I'll walk you through implementing the iframe solution.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mrobben375515

I see the changes you added, yet the clear cart is still not clearing. I also noticed that the session ID is not showing even though the order number it bound to the page, the cart is not clearing and the shipping is not what was actually billed and processed for in the checkout. Can you help me please? I am attaching credentials and screen shots.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There is too much going on here for me to debug remotely.... Let's set up a screen sharing session for early next week and I can debug and get all of your issues fixed. Please post a US phone number or Skype contact information and I'll contact you to arrange the meeting.

mrobben375515

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  There is too much going on here for me to debug remotely.... Let's set up a screen sharing session for early next week and I can debug and get all of your issues fixed. Please post a US phone number or Skype contact information and I'll contact you to arrange the meeting.  

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We were able to get these issues corrected in a screen sharing session.

The issues were all related to the cookie based shopping cart.

1) we had to add session start code to the success page because the cart wasn't automatically starting the session to get the orderID to display
2) we had to add an iframe to the bottom of the page to clear the cart from the cookie from another page. Because cookies are saved and removed in the page header, we couldn't do it on the bottom of the success page itself.

mrobben375515

Ray, I thought you set the confirm.php Authorize.net connection back to "Live" mode, but the orders are coming through as "TestMode". How do I switch the site back to live mode? I looked at the gateways.php page and it seems it says TestMode=False.

mrobben375515

I just went to backups to get site live again. I made a copy of the changes you suggested and made. I think I can fix this, and will let you know if I still have problems.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...