close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

What's the point?

Thread began 9/02/2009 9:22 am by downloads336743 | Last modified 9/18/2010 5:24 pm by georgevargasa302189 | 4491 views | 16 replies |

downloads336743

What's the point?

I've got lots of WebAssist products - in fact one of the suites plus lots of the little bits of software that you guys provide....

So i was a bit surprised to get the Form Builder and add a contact form to my page, only to find that you haven't included the means to post the form back to me. So i went and looked and the FAQ's state that that functionality is not included...

So then i've gotta ask...What's the point???? Sure i can go and find some of the other Webassist software that i have and put it together, but why? That just increases my time on something that should be fairly simple.

Please guys, can you add this functionality into the software and release an updated version? Was not including it just a money grab??? Hoping that the guys that didn't see the FAQ's like me (and who haven't purchased the other stuff) will be made to go buy more from you??

Regardless of the above, i have to say that i AM really pleased with your OTHER software, but all the same, i'm looking forward to hearing a response,

Cheers
Nic

Sign in to reply to this post

jm271908

this

Originally Said By: downloads336743
  I've got lots of WebAssist products - in fact one of the suites plus lots of the little bits of software that you guys provide....

So i was a bit surprised to get the Form Builder and add a contact form to my page, only to find that you haven't included the means to post the form back to me. So i went and looked and the FAQ's state that that functionality is not included...

So then i've gotta ask...What's the point???? Sure i can go and find some of the other Webassist software that i have and put it together, but why? That just increases my time on something that should be fairly simple.

Please guys, can you add this functionality into the software and release an updated version? Was not including it just a money grab??? Hoping that the guys that didn't see the FAQ's like me (and who haven't purchased the other stuff) will be made to go buy more from you??

Regardless of the above, i have to say that i AM really pleased with your OTHER software, but all the same, i'm looking forward to hearing a response,

Cheers
Nic  

Well said, build form, form no work, but you can buy another product for $100 to get form to work. Formmail integration would have been free but there are no instructions on how to get that working either. Good luck.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We are working on combining our products and pushing people toward owning all of them through the extension library so that people won't feel left with half a solution.

A form can be used to email, manipulate a database, update files, or do any number of other things. We had products to do those other things, but nothing to help you create the form itself. Form builder was created to fill that hole.

Now that the hole is filled we can concentrate on tighter integration. Form Builder is a v1 product, and v2 will certainly include more.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

anonymous

I think I can answer what the point is... if your a pro web designer, like myself, and you create nothing but dynamic sites that use a ton of entry points and interactions with users, than CSS Form Builder is must have! I can create consistently styled forms and add validation (the most time consuming thing without it) faster than ever before. The best thing is that every time I create a specific type of form or new form style, I can save that as a preset... never again do I have to spend 20 minutes adding and tweaking forms like in the past.

tone397472

Originally Said By: SOJO web
  I think I can answer what the point is... if your a pro web designer, like myself, and you create nothing but dynamic sites that use a ton of entry points and interactions with users, than CSS Form Builder is must have! I can create consistently styled forms and add validation (the most time consuming thing without it) faster than ever before. The best thing is that every time I create a specific type of form or new form style, I can save that as a preset... never again do I have to spend 20 minutes adding and tweaking forms like in the past.  

I don't agree.
Any form made with the Dream Weaver's form and form elements is made 5 times faster then with Form Builder. You can have your 1 time ready made form.css page linked in 10 seconds.What's easier to tweak? Form Builder or only a couple of css rules/styles?! And when you want to make a preset save the page or make some SNIPPET's. (that's what pro's are doing!)
The standard Dream Weaver validation and Spry Validation works in seconds I don't understand how you can do this more quick with form builder, because I did try it and besides the enormous amount of code and errors it takes ages to build a form.
I like all the other Webassist stuff, but this extension needs a update!
Still waiting for a proper working version for 6 month's now!!!!

zuffster370186

To the WA developers: I didn't mean to be so harsh in my previous post I don't want you to think that I am an unsatisfied cusotmer of WA products. After searching this forum for over two days to find a reason why I should use the CSSFB, I am seeing more negative responses than positive. Tone397472 also mentioned in another thread about the over-excessive use of code that is generated with FB. I have to agree with him the code is anything but lean with all the unwanted TAGS. I didn't get FB to design and build my forms rather just for Captcha and Datepicker features to add to my existing forms. Just to add one of these functions to my existing form is more work to clean up all the unnecessary code than what it is worth. It would be great if WA would give us the option in DataAssist, SecurityAssist, and CSS FB to use the web page's current CSS that we (designers & developers) already created, OR the option NOT to use the extensions' presets/designs. THIS would be huge if WA adds this feature to the above extensions.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

In the next version we will be integrating Universal Email, Digital File Pro, and HTML Editor into form builder so that you can create functional forms with a single product.

We are also committed to trying to allow form builder to work with or create forms with a smaller html footprint, however that might not make it into the very next update due to time constraints.

zuffster370186

Ray, that would be a nice Design Suite but what about also integrating the Captcha into SecurityAssist? Or making a small extension for a 'stand-alone' Captcha & a 'stand-alone' Date Picker that we can add into our existing forms. DataAssist & SA already generate pretty decent yet basic looking forms with less code and both already work together with the database. It would be awesome if I could just click on one of my text fields to add either the datepicker or captcha functions to it without all this cut & pasting code from one form to the existing form.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Thank you for the suggestions.

carleneBeta Tester

Integration instructions?

How about including integration instructions for those of us who have purchased many of your products. For example: I have security assist, css form builder, data assist and universal email. Can I find accurate and easy to follow instructions on how to create my own custom registration form and system anywhere? NO!!! All of your detailed Security Assist instructions with the videos were created before CSS Form builder existed. I did this all very easily with The Validation Toolkit. But since that doesn't work with CS5 I'm left hanging and have been struggling with this for almost two weeks!!!

Gosh - just a simple step-by-step would help me so very much here!! It's pretty simple and you guys NEVER include detailed enough up-to-date (current versions)integration instructions with your software.

Also another thing I should mention is this very thing that I've been struggling with for so long, took me 2 hours with ADDTK. I'm just sayin' if you're trying to replace that software, you are failing. It was much, much, much simpler to use and you could set up a user registration system that saved everything to a database, sent the registration emails and the verification emails, and included a captcha. It basically did everything I'm trying to do here - but unfortunately is not compatible with CS5 - so I'm stuck with struggling with WebAssist non-intuitive-integration.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...