close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Include customer information and item code into checkout failure notification email

Thread began 1/13/2016 8:19 am by joerg431091 | Last modified 1/15/2016 9:07 am by Ray Borduin | 2049 views | 6 replies |

joerg431091

Include customer information and item code into checkout failure notification email

Hi,

I added universal email to the checkout_failure.php page to receive an e-mail notification in case a checkout failed. I like to include the customers information and item codes in this notification email so we can contact the customer to help him. Since the customer reaches the checkout_failure.php page after filling out his contact information I guess this would work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx.
Joerg

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. You can copy the code from the receipt email or success page and put it in your failure email.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

joerg431091

Hi Ray,

Thanks so much for your prompt response. I did this and it works for everything that echoes eCart such as <?php echo $eCart1->DisplayInfo("Name"); ?>, but is giving me an error as soon as it comes to the parts that echoes SavedFormValue such as <?php echo(WA_getSavedFormValue('CheckoutWizard_Basic_Default','First_Name')); ?> for example. It's probably just a line of code that I am missing on top of the page but I can't figure it out. I will attach a copy of the template to this message.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best,
Joerg

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, you need the persistent form include file on the page. Just copy it from the top of the success page and add it to the failure page.

joerg431091

Thanks Ray. The error message is now gone and the checkout_failure.php page loads correctly as I wanted it. But the notification email still does only include the information that are stored in eCart such as <?php echo $eCart1->DisplayInfo("Name"); ?> for example. The information that are entered in the checkout form such as customer name, phone number etc. (<?php echo(WA_getSavedFormValue('CheckoutWizard_Basic_Default','First_Name')); ?>) is still blank. Is there any way of including this into the confirmation email too?

Thanks again for your help.

Best,
Joerg

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please attach a copy of the failure page and email body and I'll see if I can figure it out.

joerg431091

It does work great now. Sorry - I was looking at an checkout failure that was placed with paypal and since I took the name information from the billing side this did not show on the email. I just tried it with a credit card checkout and all of the information are included in the email.

Thanks so much for your help and have a great day.

Best,
Joerg

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...