close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cannot install MySQLi extension on DW CC 2015

Thread began 1/05/2016 9:04 am by Nick Green | Last modified 1/07/2016 4:29 pm by Ray Borduin | 2680 views | 5 replies |

Nick Green

Cannot install MySQLi extension on DW CC 2015

Hi,

I have updated DW recently. It was a fresh install as was having a Xmas update etc. I have tried to re-install MySQLi however I am getting errors and it cannot install. Weirdly the error is "This extension cannot be installed, it requires Dreamweaver 9 or greater" which is obviously the case.

Any ideas? I have some screenshots so you can see what I see. I've attached the version number as well.

Thanks
Nick

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Adobe stopped supporting the Extension Manager. The best option I've found is to use this free third party extension manager by DMXZone:http://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver/

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Nick Green

Perfect, worked like a dream! Thanks Ray.

Do you have any plans to update the extension to allow for ajax posts/calls etc?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It will already work with AJAX post calls by applying them on a page that is called through an AJAX post. We do have additional AJAX functionality included in Framework builder that comes in the free tools extension, but it isn't very well documented because of the broad application scenarios.

What is it exactly that you are trying to do?

Nick Green

I've installed the Free Tools extension however I cannot see Framework Builder.

Basically I want to be able to complete an insert/update/delete via ajax. I'd also like to perform queries that when sent do so on the fly rather than page posts.

update: do you have any guides on how to get ajax to work on with this extension?

Cheers
Nick

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Unfortunately I don't really have anything pre-canned.. If you would like to sign up for a premier support ticket I could spend the time showing you how it all works so that you would be able to use the extensions with AJAX moving forward.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...