close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Continue button on checkout.php not working

Thread began 1/05/2016 6:32 am by Mags | Last modified 1/07/2016 8:47 am by Ray Borduin | 5078 views | 9 replies |

Mags

Continue button on checkout.php not working

I'm currently building my first ecommerce store from scratch following the instructions in your extremely useful eCart webinar. I've used the Checkout Wizard and am currently testing everything. When I get to the checkout.php page, I have two problems - if I select the card payment options, the Continue button shows the loader but then seems to redirect back to itself; if I select Paypal I get the checkout failure page. I used a line of code found elsewhere in this forum to try to identify what the error is and the failure page reports all the correct info submitted but then at the bottom of the page it says:

["ECO_Auth_Result"]=>
string(2061) "2016-01-05T14:27:34ZFailure7fa7ac2e5ef15Security errorSecurity header is not valid10002Error63.018308778"
}

Is this likely to be because the SSL Certificate isn't set up yet (in progress at the moment), or maybe a problem with my Paypal Sandbox API credentials? But then that doesn't explain why the Continue button doesn't work at all when choosing the card payment option...

Any help appreciated!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This error means your paypal credentials are incorrect. You don't need SSL for testing.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Mags

Hi Ray, one step further forward - the API credentials were correct but I discovered a problem in the gateways.php file from reading another post in the forum -

I edited the webassist/ecart/checkout/credentials/gateways.php file and changed

$WA_PayPal_PayPal_API_TestMode = true;

to
$WA_PayPal_PayPal_API_TestMode = "true";

So now if I select Paypal and Continue, it does take me to the Paypal interface and I can input my test buyer details. However, when I confirm the purchase I'm taken to the checkout_success.php page but it's completely blank. I added error reporting and it says:

E_NOTICE Error in file �checkout_success.php� at line 100: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start()

Also, the pay by card option still isn't working - if I select that option and Continue it just reloads the page.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you attach a copy of the checkout_success.php page I can look into why that error is being generated.

I'd have to debug the credit card issue... can I get a url to reproduce it? I may need FTP credentials to fully debug if I can't figure it out by looking at the page alone, but we can start with that.

Mags

See PM

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your confirm_cart.php page is blank. That will cause the page to not load properly. You will probably have to run the checkout wizard again and get a working confirm_cart.php page to replace the one you have now.

Mags

I've run the checkout wizard again and the paypal payments seem to now be going through OK (although it redirects back to an https connection for the pp_confirm.php page, which of course doesn't exist yet because I'm still waiting for client verification for the SSL). If I change it to http the page loads, I get the confirmation email and the transaction goes through.

I still can't get the card details div to show on the checkout page though - using Inspector, I can see that the payment wrapper div is as follows:

div id="payment_wrapper" style="transition: height 1s; overflow: hidden; height: 0px;"

Selecting payment by Visa/Mastercard should presumably display this div, but it doesn't - how can I fix this?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I tried to take a look, but the FTP information seems to have stopped working so I couldn't get in to take a look at your pages.

I have a feeling the issue is still with the confirm_cart.php page not being generated properly. Do you see the cart displayed on the checkout page? It should be there.

You may have to do this to get the checkout page cart to generate properly.

1) create a new blank page and use the display manager to add an update-able cart display on the page with your desired design.
2) once generated you can actually delete the page, you are just configuring the cart design by applying it
3) now run the checkout wizard again and the same design should be used when creating the confirm_cart.php page

When it isn't generated properly it is usually because the configuration file is corrupt and re-adding a display should correct that.

Mags

There might be a problem with the checkout wizard in CC.2015 - when I run the wizard, the confirm_cart.php page ends up blank. I trashed the preferences and have now done this several times, same result every time. If I run the wizard in CC.2014, it works OK so I can now see the order confirmation section at the bottom of the checkout.php page and the card detail section appears when I click Continue, so all OK I think.

Another thing I should mention - in the cart wizard, In-Context Checkout is supposedly only available in the US only. I'm in the UK, but have found that if I don't check this box the Continue button on the checkout.php page doesn't work. With the box ticked, I get the Paypal popup.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It isn't an issue with CC 2015, since I use CC 2015 consistently without issues. I'm thinking it has to be an issue with the configuration file created when you create the display as I referenced above.

If you post a US phone number or Skype contact information I'll set up a screen sharing session to debug the issues with you and figure out a solution.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...