close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

MySQLi Update Record Not Working NOR Doing PHP Edits

Thread began 1/04/2016 8:03 pm by TonyE | Last modified 1/06/2016 3:39 pm by Ray Borduin | 2342 views | 4 replies |

TonyE

I had the MySQLi update record function working but I added some PHP edits to the inputted form data and now updates don't work nor are my PHP edits being processed. This problem is driving me crazy! It all worked when I used Dreamweaver's update record function. I'm not sure if its because the "rel2abs" is not in my program or what. I've attached my update program code for someone to look at.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your update server behavior is filtering the clnt_no with the value: $_GET['clnt_no']

However your form doesn't pass the clnt_no value forward in the action. The solution is probably to remove the form action attribute from the form and then it will pass the url parameters with the form submit automatically... or better yet use: $_SESSION[cclnt_no] so that the end user can't change it in the url and update a different account.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

TonyE

Ray, thank you for your prompt reply. I made the change you suggested and the update didn't work. Then I changed the MySQLi Update Record Trigger parameter to "current page submit" from "Button Submit Pressed" and it worked along with your suggestion. I still have a problem that my PHP edits in lines 192-296 in my attached code are not being executed BEFORE the MySQLi Update Record code is performed. I need that code to be executed BEFORE the MySQLi Update Record code. When I move the MySQLi Update code after my PHP edits the MySQLi Update server behavior disappears from my behaviors list. There has to be a way around this. Is there a more detailed Help write-up on this behavior other than what's presented in the server behavior? I've spent a great deal of time on this issue.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It should work if you move your code up to the top of the page instead of moving the insert code down into the body of the page.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

TonyE

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  It should work if you move your code up to the top of the page instead of moving the insert code down into the body of the page.  

Ray, that suggestion worked. Again, thanks for your assistance!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...