close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Issue with column sorting

Thread began 11/23/2015 1:36 pm by iain331081 | Last modified 11/24/2015 6:07 pm by Ray Borduin | 530 views | 10 replies |

iain331081

Issue with column sorting

Not sure what's up here, but have just noticed a page with a column sorting is returning just three records when clicking on sort. Not sure what is particular to the three records returned either.

Have attached the page below - if you could have a quick look and hopefully spot the cause that would be appreciated as ever.

Thanks,

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your sort link removes the UserID=2603 portion of the link. You will have to make sure that is carried over when changing the sort by adding:

&UserID=<?php echo(intval($_GET['UserID'])); ?>

Sign in to reply to this post

iain331081

Thanks Ray - the link looks correct now, but its not resorting.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd have to debug it. Can I get FTP access in the private area of a response?

Sign in to reply to this post

iain331081

Details below.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There appears to be a bug in the toggle search that caused the problem. I've fixed the bug and will include it in the next DataBridge update.

I've attached the updated file in case someone else runs into the problem before the update is released.

Attached Files
wada_search.php
Sign in to reply to this post

iain331081

Thanks Ray - I have uploaded that updated version of wade_search.php to the /webassist/database_management/ folder, but doesn't seem to have fixed the issue on that page. Have I put it in the right place?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just tested your page and the sort seems to be working for me.

Sign in to reply to this post

iain331081

That's weird...

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I was looking at the page:
/products_all/

The /products_partial_match/ page already had an ORDER BY in the Recordset. The sort will append to the Order By statement in that case and add to the end of it. It won't replace or override it so that the Recordset order by will have precedence. The solution is to add the order by that you had in the Recordset as the Default order by in the sort server behavior, which I've done.

The page is working properly now.

Sign in to reply to this post
loading

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...