close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Authorize net Error Code 99

Thread began 11/05/2015 1:53 pm by pat346841 | Last modified 9/28/2016 12:18 pm by Ray Borduin | 3333 views | 4 replies |

pat346841

Authorize net Error Code 99

We had our shopping cart working tolerably for quite a while. Someone changed the Transaction key on Authorize.net to try to integrate another program. They did not make a record of the new transaction key. I went and generated yet another one and entered it into the gateways.php file, pushing my changes to the remote server. We are still receiving the error code 99. Authorize.net has a troubleshooter for the 99 code but I feel like the issue has to be related to the transaction key which is one of the details asked for by the troubleshooter. The only details asked for by the troubleshooter that I know how to find are the transaction key, login ID and price of the item being purchased. I need help getting this error cleared so we can resume ecommerce traffic.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is definitely an error related to having the wrong transaction key.... generating a new transaction key and using it on the site is usually the correct solution. I'd try doing that again, maybe there was a typo?

If you can't figure it out, we could help in a premier support ticket and walk through that process with you making sure there are no mistakes made.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

pat346841

Fixed. I generated two new transaction keys. Added them in the right order to the if statement in gateways.php and it works again. Thanks, Ray!

Supreme Geek

Error Code 99

Good morning Ray,
I keep on getting a error code 99 message when I try to check out at the store. Recently I added the "required" field to the name, address, phone, state and zip code. I tried removing the required items, but still get the error. So, I put them back in. It worked before when I put the "required" field in the aforementioned places. I haven't been on Authorize.net to create any transaction keys. Do I need to create a new one?
Thanks for your help?
Dale

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Error 99 is a wrong transaction key error. You will have to get the correct transaction key and update it in your code. Maybe when you logged in and updated the account you accidentally reset the transaction key.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...