close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DW CC 2015 and WA Extensions Not Working Together

Thread began 10/05/2015 2:46 am by salaroche | Last modified 2/05/2016 9:04 am by Ray Borduin | 3512 views | 21 replies |

salaroche

DW CC 2015 and WA Extensions Not Working Together

Hi:

I’ve read a few entries in a Webassist thread regarding Webassist extensions in DW CC and none of them were encouraging. I just installed DW CC 2015 only to find that my WA recordsets etc., don’t even show on the Server Behaviors panel.

I already installed CC Extension Manager and Server Behaviors component but still WA extensions don’t even appear on the SB panel.

Any news on this issue?

Thank you for your attention.

Salaroche

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Use this extension manager and it should work:

http://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver/

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

salaroche

Ray:

I downloaded and installed the DMXzone Extension Manager and I (apparently) installed the WADataAssist208.mxp extension, but when I run DW CC I get the following error message:

The WA_AddForm script does not define the findServerBehaviors function.

I also get other messages saying that (whatever) script does not define the findServerBehaviors function.

I'm using Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Did you open a web page and let the secondary installer run? You need to open up a page in dreamweaver and let the secondary installer run before all of the necessary files will be moved over.

Then you have to restart Dreamweaver for it to recognize the installation.

salaroche

Yes, I did that, but I only get the error message mentioned above. I've also read a few postings in other forums complaining about the absence of an Extension Manager in DW CC. I'm thinking of reverting to CS6. CC looks like a downgrade from this perspective.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It should work if the installer runs. If you want I'll do a free screen sharing session to debug it with you, just contact me via skype when you have a chance.

salaroche

Hi Ray:

It's been some time since you posted your offer to help me debug the DW Extensions' installation in DW CC 2015. I'm now once again trying to install them and I'm having similar problems. I just spent more than half and hour with a Customer Service guy at DMX and he wasn't able to help me with this.

He said the problem may be with the WA Extension file, which is an MXP file. He says I should get a ZXP file for installing it in DW CC 2015.

Any suggestions about this?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, our downloads page should have the option to download either a .mxp file for earlier versions of Dreamweaver or .zxp file for more recent versions of Dreamweaver. It sounds like you may have downloaded the wrong version. What extensions are you trying to install?

salaroche

Ray:

I have Data Assist and Universal Email... I also have Form Builder 200... all of them MXPs...

I just went to "My Downloads" and I see I can download my installation files again, but I don't see any option as to the suffix. Where do I find the ZXP files?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Those extensions aren't supported in CC 2015. You would have to upgrade to Data Bridge. All of those are included in Data Bridge.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...