close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Checkout page

Thread began 9/29/2015 11:45 am by tonypollard335523 | Last modified 10/15/2015 7:46 pm by Ray Borduin | 2938 views | 19 replies |

tonypollard335523

Checkout page

My Check-out page is USA orientated & I want it to be default to the UK.
When I select UK from the drop down menu the state/county drop down menu does not change & USA states can only be selected (pls see attached).
Please advise on how I can change the selection to UK counties & still have a worldwide selection if needed.
Also the Paypal connection seems to be USA orientated too (pls see attached source code).
Pls advise on how I can change this to UK bias.

Also when I click check-out to pay via Paypal I receive a message from Paypal that
'We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller.'
See also attached for source code regarding this

Many thxs for your support with this too!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can delete the state dropdown and replace it with a text field with the same name and change the default to UK for the country dropdown.

If you are only doing sales in the UK, then you can just manually update the options in the state dropdown and populate it with UK counties instead.

Express checkout requires a username, password, and access key.... it looks like you only have the username, and that username value is incorrect. It has to be API username, which is different than your regular paypal username. You have to get it from the API signature credentials area when logged into paypal.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

tonypollard335523

Many thxs for the advice on removing & replacing the state/county drop-down.

With regard to the Express checkout could you please advise on the exact location where the API password & access key is placed in the shopping-cart code, thxs.
Please note in the code attached I have corrected the API username

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Instead of just username on lines 16-18 there should be settings for username, password, and signature like:

$nextIndex = count($WA_PP_ECO_Do_required[0]);
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_required[0][$nextIndex] = "Username";
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_required[1][$nextIndex] = "api_username";
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_required[0][$nextIndex] = "Password";
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_required[0][$nextIndex] = "Signature";

These should be the API username, password, and signature... they are not the same as what you use to log into your paypal account.

tonypollard335523

Many thanks for the info. Now the Express Paypal button is talking to Paypal, but something is still not correct.

Query One:
When a customer clicks on check-out on the shopping cart they are re-directed to the check-out page. I wish for payments by Paypal, cheque or bank transfer.
On the check-out page, to pay by Paypal the customer can click the Paypal express button without completing any of Billing & Delivery information as this will be done already by Paypal. When I receive payment Paypal will inform me, as normal like a normal direct sale away from my business website.
On the check-out page when the customer clicks the Express Paypal button they are successfully taken to their paypal account to make payment to my business XVault Merchandise. After they login & click continue they are sent back to my website to an Order Confirmation Page (pp-confirm.php). When the customer then again clicks the check-out button the customer is taken to the ‘Transaction not completed’ page! Please advise on possible solution & does the customers have to leave Paypal to go to the ‘Order Confirmation’ page, as it seems very long winded & could it not be completed inside Paypal without the ‘Order Confirmation’ page & do you know why the Transaction does not complete?

Query 2:
What is the procedure if the customer wishes to pay by cheque or bank transfer? From the check-out page the customer would (instead of using the Express Paypal button) complete the Billing info & Delivery Info section & then click the check-out button at the bottom of the page. At doing this (at the moment) the customer is taken to ‘Order Confirmation’ page (confirm.php). From this page the customer would click the check-out button (again) but this (at the moment) redirects to Paypal failure page ‘Your purchase couldn’t be completed’. This check button should surely relate to payment via bank transfer or cheque...........please advise on how I can do this

Query 3:
How do I set the invoice number, say to start at XV-000001
Thanking you for your time with these queries

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You probably have to add the same credentials to the pp_confirm.php page. In the new system the pp_confirm.php page is never displayed and it should process the transaction and take the user directly to the checkout_success.php page. It sounds like you may still have an older version of the pp_confirm.php page and need to update it to the eCart 6 version.

The ecart doesn't currently generate code for check and bank transfer. If you want that I'd run the wizard with authorize.net as the payment gateway. Then update the confirm.php page fields to ask for bank information instead of credit card information. Then update the Authorize.net card processing code to use the bank transfer code you want to use instead. (This is something we can help with in a premier support ticket)

Where the invoice number is displayed, you can just add the "XV-" in the front. To add the zeros you can use something like:

XV-<?php echo(subtr("00000000"), strlen(strval($_SESSION['OrderID']))-8); ?>

tonypollard335523

Many thxs for the info, but now I’m in shock 
I was very close to completing the shopping cart, so I was shocked to hear that it does not work correctly now!
Could you please advise on the code to update the checkout.php page?
I think the way forward is to re-design the checkout page to only have two buttons to choose from.....Paypal & the Authorize.net processing button. Everything else Billing Info, Delivery Info & check-out button at the bottom of the page should be deleted. We can look at the process for Authorize.net later, as you say.
With regard to the Paypal sequence could you please advise on what code I need to replace/delete for Paypal to process all & only come back to my website showing the checkout success page!
Also with regard to the invoice number where is this code located?
Please see part of the relevant check-out page code attached
Thanking you

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you run the wizard in a separate folder and take the resulting pp_confirm.php page and replace the pp_confirm.php page you currently have in place it should take you directly to the success page after returning from paypal.

The invoice number you are referring to I'm assuming is on the checkout_success.php page. If you attach a copy of that page I can reference a line number.

tonypollard335523

Pretty confused now, pls expand
'run the wizard' which wizard?
I only have ecart5 so surely the outcome will be the same
Surely there is only a few lines of code that need to be omitted/changed on the original ecart5 coding.
thxs

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Ok, sorry I was referring to the eCart 6 checkout wizard, which now does that automatically.

In eCart 5 you would have to update all of the server behaviors on the page. Store Cart Summary in Database, Store Cart Details in Database, Send Email, and Process Transaction.

Update all of them so that instead of the process transaction button press they all use the trigger "Before Page Loads"... then you will have to update the Store Cart Summary in Database and the email body code to refer to the bindings values returned from paypal instead of the hidden form elements that would have been submitted if the page was displayed. (you can use the syntax from the hidden form elements on the page to see how to refer to the associated paypal values)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...