close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

is there a cleaner script that would allow me to delete every file associated with WebAssist from my system?

Thread began 9/28/2015 1:21 pm by Carlos Quintero | Last modified 9/29/2015 12:17 am by Ray Borduin | 1333 views | 5 replies |

Carlos Quintero

is there a cleaner script that would allow me to delete every file associated with WebAssist from my system?

I would like to know if there is a cleaner script that would allow me to remove every file associated with WebAssist Extensions. I need to do a clean install because DataAssist crashes no less than 30 times to complete one app that has a Results, Update, Details and Delete page...This has been an ongoing problem and in the past uninstalling dreamweaver and then reinstalling and adding only the DataAssist bundle will allow the application to work, unfortunately, I installed the Design bundle last week and now find myself once again losing hours of productivity. Thanks in advance for your help. If it matters, I am on Max OS X Mavericks on a MacPro with every speck maxed out on this machine...so it is definitely not a lack of resources or memory leakage.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can rename your User's configuration folder.

The path will be something like:

Users/[your user]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver [version]/en_us/Configuration

If you close Dreamweaver, and then rename that to /Confuguration_bak

That would effectively remove all of your extensions and allow you to start fresh without having to reinstall Dreamweaver.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Carlos Quintero

default templates

is there a folder that houses all of the CSS for the form defaults (Basic Layout) where i can replace the default file with my own version to allow for a faster workflow?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The form builder design presets are in that same configuration folder at: Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/FormBuilder/FormDefinitions/themes

All presets are going to be stored in the configuration folder with a similar structure. Some are .css, but the form builder stores XML that is converted to css by the wizard.

Carlos Quintero

that did not work

OK, so I made the changes to the directory name as you suggested and then rebooted my system. I then launched dreamweaver and verified that the extensions were gone. I then closed dreamweaver and once again installed DataAssist. Once that was completed, I launched Dreamweaver and did not see the verification wizard that downloads files to complete the installation. So I rebooted the system and tried to launch dreamweaver again ( I did this 4 times) finally, I attempted to launch the data assist pages wizard and nothing happened....so rather than continuing to waste my efforts, I deleted the new configuration file and renamed the _bak folder back to it's original name...now I continue to get the crashing that started this whole process again...it seems that the fix is to suck it up and hand code the pages since at this point i have about 5.5 hours troubleshooting the WebAssist issue with the extension. Sorry - a bit frustrated as I am under the gun on a deliverable this week.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What version of Dreamweaver are you running? How are you installing DataAssist? In DW CC 2015 the adobe extension manager won't work, so I've been suggesting the DWMX Zone one: http://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver

If your installation isn't working, then give me a call and I'll help you through it, or post your phone number here and I'll call you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...