close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email not sending due to new domain extensions

Thread began 8/12/2015 3:11 am by Dooza | Last modified 11/12/2015 10:50 am by Ray Borduin | 2386 views | 7 replies |

Dooza

Email not sending due to new domain extensions

Hi there,
I have a problem with the Classis ASP version of this extension that has been working nicely up until now. The problem is an email address using the a new domain extension .scot

There are hundreds of new ones and they will soon start to be a big problem for all users of Universal Email. The function WAUE_isEmailAddress needs to be updated to handle them all.

I know its an old extension but I am hoping the promise of continued support holds true.

Cheers,

Steve

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you attach a copy of the page where the WAUE_isEmailAddress function is defined I can walk you through updating it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Dooza

Hi Ray,
Here you go. I figured out that I can add the domain extension to a list of good ones, and that worked nicely. I then realised I was going to have to add 700 to this list, which wasn't going to work. As a temporary fix I found that part that checks the length of the extension and the known addresses, and commented out the part that makes it return false.

If there is a better way to do this I am all ears :)

Cheers,

Steve

Attached Files
MailFormatting_VB.asp

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I think what you did is probably the best solution... comment out lines 76-78

That is the section that checks against the list of known domains, and with 700 being added, you probably are better off just not doing that check any more.

Dooza

Hi Ray,
This is what I thought too. I will update the file in all the sites that use it.

One day we will have domain extensions that we make up rather than choosing from a list.

Cheers,

Steve

Mags

On the same subject, I have this issue with someone who is using a .solutions email address. Adding that TLD to the allowed domains in the mailformatting_php.php file works fine, BUT whenever I add a new email behavior or update an existing one, that file is updated automatically and my changes are removed. This means I always have to remember to manually add that TLD back in.

Commenting out the lines to prevent checking sounds like a great idea, however would the same thing happen i.e. the change would be overwritten whenever an update is made? Is there any way to prevent this?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, you can update the file in your Dreamweaver users configuration folder: /Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/FormValidations/Scripts/WAVT_Scripts_PHP.php

If you update the file there it will use that file when applying on new sites.

Mags

Many thanks for the tip!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...