close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Extension updates are ready for installation on DW CC 2015

Thread began 7/27/2015 8:56 am by Ray Borduin | Last modified 8/24/2015 3:53 pm by Ray Borduin | 8511 views | 9 replies |

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Extension updates are ready for installation on DW CC 2015

Some users are still having issues getting the extensions to install because of bugs in the Adobe extension manager. Here are some tips that others have used to get around these issues:

1) Sometimes completely uninstalling and reinstalling both Dreamweaver and the Extension Manager causes it to start working.

2)
if extension manager did not show dw cc 2015, just delete ExMan.db. location is:
mac:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Configuration/DB/
win:
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Extenson Manager CC\Configuration\DB\

3) Some users have reported more success using the DMXZone extension manager:
http://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver/

4) You can also install extensions directly through the command line without using an extension manager: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/installingextensionsandaddons.html

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

PatriceWebAssist

I spotted this on another list: http://zxpinstaller.com
I haven't tried it, since I haven't gone to CC.

doug425125

WebAssist Extensions Installer Development?

Hi Ray

Thanks for the information. It seems many extension developers are creating their own installers. Will WebAssist be developing its own installer for the WebAssist extensions?

Thanks,
Doug

Solution #3 ( DMXzone extension manager ) did not work for me. iMac OS X 10.10.4 Dreamweaver CC 2015 I have all the WebAssist extensions.

UPDATE: After removing Adobe Extension Manager & DMXzone Extension Manager and then re-installing both Adobe Extension Manager and DMXzone Extension Manager, I was able to install all WebAssist extensions with the DMXzone Extension Manager.

I'm not sure what the procedure would be when we need to update the WebAssist extensions in the future now though..?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We will if we feel it is necessary. As long as there are free and viable options out there then it will probably remain a pretty low priority.

MBrem

Solution 3, the DMX installer worked for me. Thank you for posting that.

Jediha

I completely uninstalled dw 2015. And ext. manager.
then reinstalled both.
Then installed WA extensions (design extender, databridge and mysqli )
Start DW 2015 and ... get this small window telling meit's installing data Bridge with a 1 - 2 - 3 sign.
But it keeps for ever saying: downloading files...
Can't use dreamweaver, can't use the extensions?

Before this I also tried to install with dmx zone installer. Installs just fine, but then after opening DW 2015 got the same 1-2-3 window for ever.
Before that I also tried the commandline installer. Installs just fine, but same 1-2-3 window forever.

Another couple of hours lost because of this stupid problem. I'm not very pleased, but also not sure if I am to be angry at Adobe or Webassist. (or myself if I saw something wrong...)

Is there someone who can shine his or her light on the case??
System: mac Pro, Yosemite, DW 2015 installed

EDIT/UPDATE:
I've looked up the network activities with this 1-2-3 popupwindows is active and I see that indeed DW is downloading files from webassist.com
BUT at a very slow speed (80 KB/s) So that is probably the reason the windows stays there forever. I will now just wait to see how long it takes to download whatever it needs to download.

@webassist: could it be that your fileserver is slow?? My internet connection is 14MB/s download and is working fine.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just tested and it downloads relatively quickly for me, so I don't think it is an issue with our server. I'm not sure why your download would be so slow. I'm not even sure what the settings might be that would cause that. I haven't run into anyone with that issue before.

I could send you the install files and walk you through manual installation if it downloads that slowly it doesn't make sense to wait. It has to be a setting or other installed software causing the problem, but I'm not sure how to debug it.

If you post a US phone number or skype contact information I can call and look into it with you and help you with a manual install.

Jediha

Hi Ray,

thank you for offering support, but I just let it ran, and had dinner :-)
After dinner I found out it had finished (nearly after 2 hours). All works well. This was in DW 2014.1

This morning I installed the extensions for dreamweaver 2015. After starting DW again the 1-2-3 popup became visible, but this time the downloading and installing of files went quick and easy. After restart DW all was well!

Not sure what caused the problems yesterday (because then I also tried installing in DW 2015 with no succes).
Anyway, I can go back to work now and be happy.

Thanx.

Hans

juergen

AFTER INSTALLING VIA DMXZONE

after installing the extension with extension manager from dmxzone i had now an icon with WebAssist.
when i open a php site and klicking on model database i got an error please open a php document in order to use this interface
but i opend a php document

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Make sure you have also installed the "Deprecated Server Behaviors" extensions available from Adobe. I think if you don't have that installed it could cause the error you describe.

Also make sure you have a site defined and the php page you have opened is saved to the site.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...