close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Help using mysqli in dynamic parent, child dropdowns.

Thread began 7/20/2015 11:49 am by Dave W | Last modified 7/21/2015 12:12 am by Ray Borduin | 1047 views | 6 replies |

Dave W

Help using mysqli in dynamic parent, child dropdowns.

I am still having problems converting the dynamic dropdown extension to use with MySqli.
I think I am almost there but the child menu is still not populating. Can you help please.
I have attached the page involved in a PM.
Unfortunatly though my knowledge of MySql is quite good, I am having problems with MySQLi.:-)

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have a live url where I can see it in action? I don't see the problem offhand, but if I had a working page to look at I'd have more to go on.

Sign in to reply to this post

Dave W

Hello again Ray,
Good of you to help. I have set this page up on the server in the PM. The main site is in MySql so I had add the scripting and folders for MySqli to this folder for it to work.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Update line 18:

$getItems = new WA_MySQLi_RS("getItems",$dbCute,1);

should be:

$getItems = new WA_MySQLi_RS("getItems",$dbCute,0);

The recordset was only returning one row, that might be the only problem.

Sign in to reply to this post

Dave W

Hi Ray,
Thanks for that but it still doesn't work.
The code was origially produced by the dynamic dropdown extension, then copied over and upgraded to MySqli, so I can't really see why it shouldn't work, but then again, I do lack experience with MySqli.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please attach a current copy of the page... It appears the line I referenced hasn't been updated on the live page yet.

Also do a find/replace and find:
getItems_WAJA

replace it with:
undefined_WAJA

It appears that since Dreamweaver couldn't find the recordset it may have updated the code to use "undefined" instead of the recordset name, but it is still the recordset name in the code you updated manually. I think by updating it to just use "undefined" you won't have to worry about dreamweaver switching it back again.

Sign in to reply to this post

Dave W

Hello Ray,
Replacing getItems_WAJA with undefined_WAJA seems to have done the trick. It works fine now as you can see on the live page I sent you.
Thank you so much, I have spent the whole weekend looking for that problem.
You guys really are the bees knees!!
Hope this will help when the dynamic dropdown is updated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...