close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

What are the differences between PowerCMS 2 and PowerCMS Builder? How has PowerCMS Builder been upgraded? Does it do anything differently than PowerCMS 2?

Thread began 7/16/2015 10:13 am by webdesignfreebies311292 | Last modified 7/21/2015 9:30 am by Ray Borduin | 1141 views | 2 replies |

webdesignfreebies311292

What are the differences between PowerCMS 2 and PowerCMS Builder? How has PowerCMS Builder been upgraded? Does it do anything differently than PowerCMS 2?

I just want to know if there are any differences. I realize that PowerCMS Builder allows you to install the CMS on multiple websites but I was led to believe that the same was true for PowerCMS 2

Have there been any other updates or upgrades to the product functionality itself?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

One big enhancement has been the inline editing capabilities with PowerCMS builder, where users can edit the content directly from the page instead of having to go to the admin. It also has an updated version of CKEditor that works on modern browsers and mobile.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

webdesignfreebies311292

Thank you.

O.k. Thank you very much for your reply.

The reason I was asking is because right now all I need to use is the CMS system and I don't want to have to pay $99.00 to upgrade all of the extensions included in the Design Extender package if there have not been any major changes to the CMS extension since PowerCMS 2 (at least not yet, not until all of the extensions in Design Extender have been updated to create responsive design including the templates). I don't want to pay to update these extensions now and then have to pay to update them again once responsive design has become a part of the package.

I purchased the entire "Super Suite" for $900.00 way back in 2007 and have purchased many upgrades since. But now since Google has decided to "deprecate" non responsive design much of my software has become all but garbage. I have no desire now to invest more of my hard earned money into anything but software that will help me to create responsive web designs. If you are certain that my PowerCMS 2 software will work just fine for now I will look forward to the updated Design Extender package (that includes Responsive Design) and I will upgrade my software then.

Thank you very much! I sincerely appreciate your help and look forward to continuing to do business with WebAssist in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Karen

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...