close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I need to update and NOT insert url if the image is not updated. The rest is working

Thread began 7/09/2015 10:42 pm by jo271221 | Last modified 3/23/2023 5:46 pm by Ray Borduin | 1020 views | 4 replies |

jo271221

I need to update and NOT insert url if the image is not updated. The rest is working

What is working:
1. Image will update and insert http://hotlinewebsites.com/userfiles/6336/myfile.jpg into the database
a. With 6336 being the id from tbl_directorylistings or from the session variable depending on the page.
2. Image will upload into appropriate folder
3. Image file name will be appended if the file is duplicate
Issue: If an image existing and you simply update the page the existing image will no longer display properly as the url gets inserted again.

Sign in to reply to this post

jo271221

FTP and more details are in the attachment. Thank You!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I updated line 77 to address this issue. Basically I strip off the file name from the default value of the upload, so that when it adds the full url to the front it won't be repeated.

Let me know if you still have any issues.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jo271221

I am having a similiar issue, likely on the same page, but now we have updated to MySQLI. Page is attached.
Line # 122 of update query or the obvious upload params at the top of the page.

I have revised the upload directory from 2022 to 2023 and if the record is updated it changes the file directory to 2023 resulting in a broken path IF the original record was created using the 2022 file directory AND a new file is not uploaded.

Right now the user has to go back and upload the flyer again and we end up with it BOTH in the 2022 directory and the 2023 directory and an unpleasant experience for the user.

Attached Files
update-event.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The solution is probably pretty easy, but I don't quite understand what you need. I'll be working tomorrow if you want to call we can do a quick call. I'm sure it will just take a few minutes once I understand it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...