close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

use checkboxes for the access level

Thread began 7/08/2015 1:13 pm by nelson.therrien118196 | Last modified 7/08/2015 3:10 pm by Ray Borduin | 540 views | 1 replies |

nelson.therrien118196

use checkboxes for the access level

Hi,
I first needed a simple access level page verification, where we had the choice between an Admin or a regular User (i.e. one user group). Then, they needed to have two groups separated (access two sub sites), so we ended up with Admin (who can access the admin section AND the two sites), User (who can access the two sites), teasdale (who can only access the first site) and unique (who can only access the second site). Everything was working well...

But now, the client tells us that they'll be 9 different sub-sites! We can't have a drop-down (in the user insertion or update) for all the possibilities (ex: access to sites 1 and 2, access to sites 1 and 3, access to sites 5 and 7 and 9, etc...). So, the best option is to go with checkboxes instead of a drop-down...

I managed to change the code so we can have checkboxes in the insert page and it can insert a coma-separated liste (ex: 2, 3, 4) of groups... I hope that the best way to do it... But I still have a problem: when validation to give access to a site, I need to have the exact string (ex: 2 or 2,3 or 2,3,4, etc)... So I would have to create a lot of conditions for each sub-site... Is there a way to extract a number (ex: site 3 would be "3") from the list and just check if that number is present in the user access Group ID? I know there are PHP functions to do it, but I don't want to mess too much with the written code...

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It will be possible, but may require some hand coding. I'd suggest using a premier support ticket at this point to work out the details and get your application completed.

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...